brisbane waters help!

Gregmf

Have a bit of a look through my posts regarding Brisbane Waters, this question pops up about once a month and I have literally posted gps coordinates and maps with other info as well. Two sure fire spots are the train Bridge at the North end where the stadium is (walk beside the train tracks on the path [eastern side better with kids] till you reach the bridge). Or my personal favourite the Gosford sailing club, best attacked from a kayak or boat but still pretty good on the bream and flathead with bait. Good luck mate!

22 hours ago, Gregmf said:

Hi guys new to Brisbane waters, any help on locations, times, bait, would be a great help, just wanting to take my son out be able to bring home something. Thanks any info would be great.

Are you looking for land based options or do you have access to a boat? One of the most kids friendly options that produces is drifting for flathead and I can make recommendations based on where you are making if you have a boat. Where are you based?

Land based I would add the beach by Ettalong channel (near the pipes) to the shops the others have mentioned.

If you're down the Woy Woy end already it's well worth hitting up Woy Woy bay in the boat on the last two hours of the run out, I like to drift east along the Northern drop off, it's about 8mtrs deep all the way along the shoreline, start up near the entrance to waterfall bay and work down, bigger baits or plastics are better in summer to avoid the baby Snapper (there are thousands) 

Awesome Estaury Perch grounds on the western pylons of Woy Woy bridge too, using small shrimp style lures sink them alongside the pylons give them two jerks halfway down the water collumb and wait for the tap. Boat or kayaks only for these two options though

Good job with your efforts so far, you will have it worked out in no time!

I don't live up on the coast no more bit will be up there in a few weeks and am looking at taking my boy out. It will be land fishing only as I don't have access to a boat. Do u guys have any kid friendly areas that will result in a good chance in action??

Hi Gregmf..... Mate at the northern end of Paddys Channel there is a sandbar on your right before the oyster leases which is great for Whiteing & Flathead. If you then track over that sandbar heading east you will see where it drops off from about 1.2 metres to around 8 to 10 metres!!! This is known as "The Blind Channel". Great spot for Jews on the runout tide.

Also on big tides, over 1.8 metres, try the oyster leases, in between the racks. There are some monster Bream in there. Plastics, Vibes, Hardbody lures all work well....also unweighted baits like, Stripey cubes, half Pilchards, Chook gut...

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:47 AM, Gregmf said:

Thanks Craig I launch my boat at blackwall or woy woy normally. 

from Blackwall if you are standing on the jetty there is a channel marker and a line of moored boats to the left. You can drift along that line of boats if the conditions are right. Also anchor down the far end of that row and use a hand line for blueswimmers at high tide. Great way to fish with kids.

Ettalong channel is a good flathead drift on both run in and run out. On the incoming tide you get more hits up the mouth end. Run out work the edges of the big sand bar.

I live nearby so could possibly line up a session on your boat out mine and i can share some of my learnings.