My first bass

Vhanz

Hey fellas!!

Today i was lucky enough to learn freshwater fishing tactics by @Wellzy94 as i have only fished saltwater i was eager to learn :)

Stocked up with some crankbaits and cicada lures and i was set!

Caught my first fresh water fish and my first bass, it was a baby but still couldn't be happier!

P.s spewin, lost that lure not long after that fish lol

Thanks mate 

IMG_20170206_210001_679.jpeg

A bass is a bass. Great work. 

Rick is right. Got to be right in there to get them. And once those trebles are around a small branch. Ouch!! 

Good on ya Wellzy for imparting some knowledge. The cicadas seem to be the go at the moment. 

Cheers

Tara 

18 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

if your not hittin trees your not throwin close enough lol..rick

Agree completely! 

Well done on landing your first bass. Although it may be on the small side, you caught one! Now just wait until you hook a decent one! They can go like clappers! Good on you wellzy for taking the time to help a fellow raider! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

24 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Agree completely! 

Well done on landing your first bass. Although it may be on the small side, you caught one! Now just wait until you hook a decent one! They can go like clappers! Good on you wellzy for taking the time to help a fellow raider! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Honestly I reckon even the smaller bass fight hard! Definitely a cracker of a fight for their size. 

It was great to pass knowledge onto someone else, and I was heading down for a flick anyway ;)

Cheers,

Wellzy

Went back this morning, had a couple of little hits but no hook ups, kept moving down the path and casting.

Threw my lure and just twitched it a few times and boom i was on! I honestly felt like it was waaaay bigger than it was, i had to tighten my drag pretty tight and it definitely was fighting hard, i knownow why people love to target bass they put up such a good fight. Definitely fought harder than any bream i have ever caught in my life i was impressed haha loving the bass, very fun fighting fish. Would love to see how they go once there over the 1kg mark it would be crazy

Didnt measure i wanted to put him straight back in the water but my lure is 40mm if that gives a rough estimate.

Resized_20170209_063730.jpeg

Yeah man it was the where i caught the first one, same spot. I just kept throwing out my lure in that spot for 10 mins or so and yeah finally got a taker!

I might have to check out yarramundi it looks good there, would love to get a 1kg lol

1 hour ago, Anthonystrati said:

Went back this morning, had a couple of little hits but no hook ups, kept moving down the path and casting.

Threw my lure and just twitched it a few times and boom i was on! I honestly felt like it was waaaay bigger than it was, i had to tighten my drag pretty tight and it definitely was fighting hard, i knownow why people love to target bass they put up such a good fight. Definitely fought harder than any bream i have ever caught in my life i was impressed haha loving the bass, very fun fighting fish. Would love to see how they go once there over the 1kg mark it would be crazy

Didnt measure i wanted to put him straight back in the water but my lure is 40mm if that gives a rough estimate.

Nice fish mate. Love the twitch twitch boom!!!

Nah i got this one from the local bass store, the brand is Tiemco soft shell cicada, everything on the box was japanese lol. Basically a firm foam cicada. Pricey though around $22 i think but im happy with it, spent my time getting it out of trees lol

Lucky you! I find it really hard to not get carried away in a tackle store haha. What are u thinking of getting.

Yeah i looked online and a lot of good reviews, apparently there is another version of the soft cicadas called Fish Candy jelly cicada, they seem to be more like an actual soft plastic from the look of them

Im probably going to pick up a spinnerbait and try that as well

8 hours ago, Wellzy94 said:

I'm heading there this arvo, got some voucher money for there.

Huge difference between the cheap and more expensive lures, look at the detail on that thing! Spot on right down to the wing formation, awesome stuff.

Bass are one of the few fish that are just as happy to eat the cheap surface lures I had one of those soft shells once and it went away with a water dragon

13 hours ago, Anthonystrati said:

nice fish mate they fight damn hard for their size wait until you get one over 40cm they enter a whole new class looking forward to reading your report when you tangle with one