Kid friendly Central coast spots

MattGb1989

Hey guys,

Plan on taking my 9yr old son out for a session on Saturday night up on the central coast. Unfortunately it will be land based only as I don't have access to a boat but was hoping someone could give me an idea of a good area to get some action. I haven't lived on the coast for 5 plus years so don't remember many kid friendly areas. I'll be using SPS but my boy will be using bait. Any advice would be great.

Cheers in advance,

Brownie 

Guest Guest123456789

You can fish inside the breakwall adjacent to iguana joes at Gosford. I've never fished it myself but it does get busy with other anglers.

other benefit is it's near the new waterpark, swimming pool, circus and eat street cafe.

It's a little further away however I like to take the kids to the wharf at the end of Kallaroo Rd in Bensville. 

It's a wharf at the end of a concrete breakwall so you can drive to the spot. Great for when there is a chance of rain as you can just sit in the car and let it pass. 

Lots of small stuff to keep the kids entertained with a chance of a big flathead or bream. Also get crabs there (no nets though). 

Good luck wherever you go. 

If your young bloke can cast then there should be a few frigates at Terrigal Haven- I used to take my boys there from pretty early on and I used to do the casting and they would do the winding- always a good look on their face when a frigate came screaming in and belted the lure

4 minutes ago, PaddyT said:

If your young bloke can cast then there should be a few frigates at Terrigal Haven- I used to take my boys there from pretty early on and I used to do the casting and they would do the winding- always a good look on their face when a frigate came screaming in and belted the lure

My boy is quiet new to fishing so I think I will leave that till he's a little more experienced and we are going for a night session so not going to risk the beach at night but I'll keep that in mind for when me n my brother go out cheers 

9 hours ago, Brew said:

It's a little further away however I like to take the kids to the wharf at the end of Kallaroo Rd in Bensville. 

It's a wharf at the end of a concrete breakwall so you can drive to the spot. Great for when there is a chance of rain as you can just sit in the car and let it pass. 

Lots of small stuff to keep the kids entertained with a chance of a big flathead or bream. Also get crabs there (no nets though). 

Good luck wherever you go.

would you suggest this spot at night?? Looking at Google maps I can see that u can take Ur car all the way out but is it safe or is it better to go there during the day??

38 minutes ago, MattGb1989 said:

would you suggest this spot at night?? Looking at Google maps I can see that u can take Ur car all the way out but is it safe or is it better to go there during the day??

Very safe. It's an inlet so very little current and no swell. Take a light or lantern as from memory there is no pole light. I reverse the car to the end so you can drive forward off it in the dark. The breakwall is two car widths so easy to do. 

17 minutes ago, Brew said:

Very safe. It's an inlet so very little current and no swell. Take a light or lantern as from memory there is no pole light. I reverse the car to the end so you can drive forward off it in the dark. The breakwall is two car widths so easy to do. 

To easy, I more meant holigan wise lol but to easy think I'll have to give it a try. Cheers guys

Another spot is the Spike Milligan bridge just up Brisbane Waters Dr from Woy Woy. You can fish under it and cast into the channel for Bream, trevs and other estuary species. There are streetlights on the bridge and you can get out of the rain if needed.

3 hours ago, kiwicraig said:

Another spot is the Spike Milligan bridge just up Brisbane Waters Dr from Woy Woy. You can fish under it and cast into the channel for Bream, trevs and other estuary species. There are streetlights on the bridge and you can get out of the rain if needed.

Thanks bud will check it out.

Brownie