Squid spot eastern suburbs

Snapper81

Morning everyone, 

I know normally spot for fisher are "too secret " but maybe someone can help me.

I live in Bondi junction and I'm looking for a close place where to catch squid. I'm sure there are plenty around between Darling point and Watson bay but i don't really know how I can recognise it.

Someone can help me in This research? 

Do you know some spot around Darling point and Watson bay?

Thanks for your help 

Hey mate,

there are a few tricks, first, look for places that have a fair amount of artificial light at night. I personally find squid at night much easier than during the day, not sure why. 

Secondly, you want to find places that have kelp beds, you can find these on google earth.

finally, walk around the wharves and rocks pools and other walk ways and look for ink marks. If you don't know what they look like, walk down pier 2 and they're everywhere.

13 hours ago, budzsta said:

Hey mate,

there are a few tricks, first, look for places that have a fair amount of artificial light at night. I personally find squid at night much easier than during the day, not sure why. 

Secondly, you want to find places that have kelp beds, you can find these on google earth.

finally, walk around the wharves and rocks pools and other walk ways and look for ink marks. If you don't know what they look like, walk down pier 2 and they're everywhere.

How can I find kelp beds on google earth? 

Hi Andrea,

Again, I am still a beginner fisho, and the photo that I have included here I have NEVER fished before. This is just what I do when I am meant to be working, I look for places that seem like they have things in the water and that I will be able to get to.

If you see the picture that I have included below, I have circled what I think are sandy bottoms, structure and kelp/weed beds.

The only thing you can't see is if there is lights there at night. But this is where I probably would try for squid, bream maybe even luderick. I don't know, never been there but just based on that image. 

A thing to be careful of is that this is a photo, so it is at one point in the tide, it is often hard to tell if it is high tide or low tide by google images, so again, the best thing that I can suggest is just go check it out. If you are like me and only get one day off a week, then usually you try not to go to new spots because there is uncertainty around what you may or may not catch, so on my day off  (sunday) I try to get to spots I have some idea will hold fish (depending on conditions). When I was on holidays though, I would go exploring fishing spots all up and down the coast. Fishing.png

PS. because I used PAINT to produce this image the resolution is POOR, which means what ive circled as ROCKS, looks like sandy sections. Find it on google maps (satellite mode) and then see if you can spot the rocks yourself.