Kayak Krew meet - 11th March

krause

Hi all, 

Well i think the first one was a success, so let's try to repeat it.  We had 5 raiders last time so we're looking to best that with 6 or more. As promised to Allen, we will try for botany bay (if we can look away from kembla hehe).

Allen will bring nuggets and navionics, Razzel remeber to bring some leashes (sorry) and Lungfai and Rod you guys need to get your leave passes signed haha. Meanwhile i shall prepare to cause tangles ;)

Note: edit changed date to just the 11th, can't make the Sunday myself

Cheers guys

Edited by krause

12 hours ago, dynabolt said:

This one is good for me. Would like to know launch location and indication of target species ?

The water and fish, respectively haha.  No im not to familiar with the area but i know yarra bay yacht club is doable as ive been there before. Or at the port/runways. We might need some help haha. Target depends on location, but im always keen to chase the kings etc

Count me in. I fish botany bay fairly frequently. Mostly in the boat but occasionally in the Yak. I mostly launch at Kurnell close to the corner at Prince charles parade and captain cook drive as it is closer to squid grounds and fairly central. There's a a nice quiet bay there to launch from. It certainly helps to have a good trolley due to a short area of soft sand. There's generally plenty of streetside parking. Otherwise Bonna point boat ramp is a very nice area. Has heaps of parking and is an easy launch but a bit further away depending on the target species. I have also launched at foreshore and at the cooks river depending on what area I want to target. All free parking. I have avoided yarra due to the parking haha. I actually went out on the boat not too long ago and we got into quite a few 38 - 40cm trevally, tailor around the 34cm mark and lots of rat kingfish around 55cm.  So the fish are there!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok the countdown is on, ive sent out pms to confirm attendance etc. Forecast is showing about 10knot winds so not great.  I'll keep an eye on it and we can hope it drops. Might head to kurnel as it's a southerly. Any other locations in the area that are similar (ie blue waterish) that might help us hide from the wind, let me know :) let's avoid the hacking though 

Note to all, im also keeping an eye on far north (pittwater) and south (kembla) alternatives in case the weather goes to hell. Meteye is showing south as looking better, but I know there are many raiders that can't get down there.  So please voice opinions here, or pm me

Ok is crapped through, me and Henry ate headed to kembla.  Those keen on botany vant make it, and kembla has less wind, less crowds etc.  Anyone left still interested pm me

Good luck with the fishing. Having just watched the Adele concert, I am now stuck in Olympic park waiting to get on a train with the other 90k of peeps who also came to see her sing... I have no idea when I will get home.... But have a good fish!

• 2 weeks later...

too uneventful might be one way of putting it ... In the end almost nobody could make it. Was just Krause and me. We went to Pt Kembla which wasn't in the great form it was last time. No kingies at all :( We paddled all around the end of the breakwall and the across and around the back of the port for a dismal fish total of 1 flathead & 1 salmon - krause, and 1 tailor - me. We watched two guys in a boat catch endless salmon on bait (they were the only people there catching anything). Sadly neither of us had bothered to bring bait - live yakkas being choice #1. We did find yakkas but the salmon weren't interested.

5 days sounds pretty good - going away?