Quick sesh 21/02 in the bay

allen_f

Me and Krause are looking at going out in botany bay to the runways on tuesday 21/02 for hopefully a 6amish launch. Just a call out for anyone else who is keen? 

Launching at 630ish at botany bay boat ramp heading straight for the third runway (anyone got tips for bait grounds? very unfamiliar to the area)

Edited by allen_f

Can't make it either. Foreshore would probably be your best bet. Otherwise the cooks river kyeemagh would also be an option. I'd suggest also trying the second runway particularly on the runout. I have been having some good results there recently for trevally. 

Don't ask.....

Got it early, got a live squid and some yakka and headed out to molly point. I got a 62 kingie, whilst Allen jigged a smaller version but also landed a massive bloody Trevally going 42 i think. There were reports of big sharks as well but lalala

As the fishing slowed i suggested to Allen "hey, wanna go out to the drums". So we go out and have a look and about 15 minutes after we arrive we watch these blokes in a tinnie try to stand, and there she goes! The boat rolls and old mates over board. Im convinced the boat was going under so we head off to help. When we arrive the 'captain' (70 yo aussie) is in the boat which is some how still floating, and old mate (70+ yo Tongan with very bad arthritis) is holding on top the edge of the boat.  They were pretty dismissive of our help and taking the situation lightly, so we left them to their plan to head to the drum to get him out of the water. 

After 5 minutes of watching captain walk around the drum with no sight of old mate, we decide to go help once more.  Old mate couldn't lift himself and captain couldn't get him up.  So long story short i offloaded all my gear to allen in case i flipped my yak and climbed on the shit covered drum (those of you that know the aroma, you know.....) to help.  Old mate is petrified, cold, weak and can't swim. His life jacket isn't done up so it's doing nothing.  Me and cap' couldn't lift him because he weighed 160+kg and he couldn't actually swing a leg onto the drum once we had him out of the water.  Allen the champ has mean while gone half way to Mexico to flag down a boat. End story, old mate ends up in the strangers boat, me and Allen got the tinnie back around the drum from were it was stuck, we bailed 100 odd litres of water out of it (they were impossibly close to sinking), i threw cap his life jacket (which was at the bottom of the boat) and swore at him for taking the stupid, shallow hulled, tippy peice of ##### of a boat out into the middle of botany bay. Worst of all they had a few undersized snapper in the boat. 

2 hours we spent, helping dumb and dumber. F. M. L.....

On 2/22/2017 at 11:13 AM, krause said:

Don't ask.....

Got it early, got a live squid and some yakka and headed out to molly point. I got a 62 kingie, whilst Allen jigged a smaller version but also landed a massive bloody Trevally going 42 i think. There were reports of big sharks as well but lalala

As the fishing slowed i suggested to Allen "hey, wanna go out to the drums". So we go out and have a look and about 15 minutes after we arrive we watch these blokes in a tinnie try to stand, and there she goes! The boat rolls and old mates over board. Im convinced the boat was going under so we head off to help. When we arrive the 'captain' (70 yo aussie) is in the boat which is some how still floating, and old mate (70+ yo Tongan with very bad arthritis) is holding on top the edge of the boat.  They were pretty dismissive of our help and taking the situation lightly, so we left them to their plan to head to the drum to get him out of the water. 

After 5 minutes of watching captain walk around the drum with no sight of old mate, we decide to go help once more.  Old mate couldn't lift himself and captain couldn't get him up.  So long story short i offloaded all my gear to allen in case i flipped my yak and climbed on the shit covered drum (those of you that know the aroma, you know.....) to help.  Old mate is petrified, cold, weak and can't swim. His life jacket isn't done up so it's doing nothing.  Me and cap' couldn't lift him because he weighed 160+kg and he couldn't actually swing a leg onto the drum once we had him out of the water.  Allen the champ has mean while gone half way to Mexico to flag down a boat. End story, old mate ends up in the strangers boat, me and Allen got the tinnie back around the drum from were it was stuck, we bailed 100 odd litres of water out of it (they were impossibly close to sinking), i threw cap his life jacket (which was at the bottom of the boat) and swore at him for taking the stupid, shallow hulled, tippy peice of ##### of a boat out into the middle of botany bay. Worst of all they had a few undersized snapper in the boat. 

2 hours we spent, helping dumb and dumber. F. M. L.....

tears were shed :'(