Chasing murray cod

Vhanz

Hey guys!

Keen on giving the cod a crack! Never targeted them before but im definitely keen.

Just as in a newb in this department, not asking for your spot x just curious of a land based spot i could go and try? I live in west sydney and dont mind a drive to make a weekend trip out of it :)

• 7 months later...
On 2/25/2017 at 9:01 PM, Vhanz said:

Hey guys!

Keen on giving the cod a crack! Never targeted them before but im definitely keen.

Just as in a newb in this department, not asking for your spot x just curious of a land based spot i could go and try? I live in west sydney and dont mind a drive to make a weekend trip out of it :)

Here's an offer you can't refuse...but you'll have to wait. It is CLOSED SEASON for Murray Cod till Dec 1st as they are breeding now. However, if you want to catch one and don't mind a drive to the Riverina, I'll take you out in the boat and show you how it's done. Send me a PM if you are interested. bnIMG_6166resize.jpg

6 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

good onya neil...bring on December..rick

Hi Rick, how's things mate? I MUST get in the habit of reading the posted date! This was from February...dumb s..t! As you say bring it on. Doing a bit of maintenance on the boat, getting ready. Cheers, Neil.

Neil. The guy might still be interested if he catches up on this post. I am going to Burrinjuck dam with a mate on 1st Dec for 3 days, do it each year, we get a cabin these days as we are getting old and lazy for camping the cabin makes a pleasant comfortable few days for us. Would love more company if you are inclined.

Frank

nothing wrong with campin in a cabin..i get one when I go to windamere..you don't have to pack so much crap...luv to try burrinjuk    also goin to try and head for neils territory next year..if vanz reads this pm me I live close and might be able to organize a cod trip..rick

2 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

nothing wrong with campin in a cabin..i get one when I go to windamere..you don't have to pack so much crap...luv to try burrinjuk    also goin to try and head for neils territory next year..if vanz reads this pm me I live close and might be able to organize a cod trip..rick

Hey Rick was thinking of you and cod fishing, I found a spot on the Severn unfortunately it involves a 6km hike in but that's what makes it fun just need a fishing buddy for safety so if your keen

Dave

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

sounds good dave  will try organize a trip after opening..ive got a private property with parking next to water and easy walking and fishing....we could do both..rick

Count me in for that Rick ...after mid January?  bn

Edited by big Neil
Too presumptuous.

17 hours ago, frankS said:

Neil. The guy might still be interested if he catches up on this post. I am going to Burrinjuck dam with a mate on 1st Dec for 3 days, do it each year, we get a cabin these days as we are getting old and lazy for camping the cabin makes a pleasant comfortable few days for us. Would love more company if you are inclined.

Frank

Hi Frank, I'm actually heading to Burrinjuck 2nd week of Nov with a few mates, chasing Yellas and Redfin. Thanks for the invite but won't be able to fit in your trip. However if you (and /or) your mates want to stretch a few hrs more I'd be glad to show you round the Murrumbidgee. Just let me know if you're interested and I'll arrange it. Pretty much guarantee catching Cod, although can't say how big. Neil

8 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

sounds good dave  will try organize a trip after opening..ive got a private property with parking next to water and easy walking and fishing....we could do both..rick

I've got some time off in January definetly be up for it

• 1 month later...

Just got back online boys sorry for the delay!!! Great fish mate!

Unfortunately i havent been to chase cod yet haha itching for it and over xmas im heading up to south west rocks but dont think there is any around there haha

Murray Cod are on the chew in the Murrumbidgee at present. Been catching plenty, mostly undersized but a few keepers thrown in. Looks like a couple of feeds of fish and chips are on the agenda.

Have been pretty busy lately and will be for the next month or so, but any Raiders interested in catching a Murray Cod can send me a PM if they would like a bit of a "heads up". May even be able to take you out, if time permits. Cheers, bn.