Upgrade time

krause

I said u wouldn't but here i go... 

Looking to upgrade yaks.  Not interested in a peddle kayak, paddle only. Currently I'm in an ebay hull, so im looking for something well worth the upgrade. Im looking for more speed and little to no reduction in stability.  At the moment I'm looking at a viking profish reload. Thoughts, opinions and alternatives? 

Cheers all

Just go test them out bro, if you looking at the Viking then consider the OK trident also. Both good yaks and both probably a few kilos heavier than your current one so start working them arms out ?. Oh and don't forget that Hobie do paddle Yaks also which are pretty good.

Reload!!!

If I didn't get a reload I would've gone glass and got a stealth, but they're built for offshore and I do a lot of estuary fishing.

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
No free advertising links please - pm members if need be

Hi Krause - 

I started on Cobra - then upgraded to Viking Pro Fish. Now I am on Hobie Revo and wouldn't go back.

I agree with the above mentioned - the Viking Reload or Stealth are leading in my eyes depending on the area/style of fishing that you do.

Good luck with the new toy.

Gus

Hey Krause, I'm selling an Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.3 with icebox and Pacific Action Sail. PM for details.  

Cheers,

Damian

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
Suggest resubmit ad to SWAP and SELL - good luck with sale

I fish with guys who have a stealth and a Viking reload . I have the pimped out eBay job that u have seen. The stealth and Viking are both great yaks with similar price tags. The stealth has the upside of inside  hull rod storage if doing beach launch in a bit of swell, but no back support unless u get the fittings put in for a padded seat, but they track great and paddle like a racing kayak so for offshore they are a top pick, very long at nearly 5metres, but light as a feather. (Can also pick colour/ design as built to order) The Viking has awesome storage options and is set up for unlimited add ons. Comes with live bait tank in centre console as well as tackle box, has scupper mount transducer, and a large fish/ice box on the back. A difficult choice my friend 

Edited by REELCRAZY

Yo. I have a reload and LOVE IT. By far the best part is the removable tackle pod. It comes with the scupper for the fish finder transducer, room for two more rod holders, your battery and tackle. I also have the twin pod which includes a 100% fitted livey tank. It is super sweet. Lifts right out. 

Lets go for a fish and you can check it out!! 

Cheers

2 hours ago, dlvbw said:

Yo. I have a reload and LOVE IT. By far the best part is the removable tackle pod. It comes with the scupper for the fish finder transducer, room for two more rod holders, your battery and tackle. I also have the twin pod which includes a 100% fitted livey tank. It is super sweet. Lifts right out. 

Lets go for a fish and you can check it out!! 

Cheers

Hey dlvbw,

How do you find the twin tackle pod, does it work well? I've tried to see if they stock them in Aus but couldn't find it online.