finally a change

dirvin21

After the last few weeks I have become tired of moses perch everywhere I've been fishing there have been plagues, they are fun to catch but even the small ones have a habit of chafing up leaders and its gets frustrating retying almost every cast.

Fortunetly I spotted a new tree down on the side of the road in a deep section of river, my thoughts were if there are mosie's they'll atleast be big, second cast lure gets bumped with a swirl and a flash couple of twitches and its nailed followed by a screaming first run it ran up around some timber but with a bit of steady pressure and some cursing the fish came out and turned out to be a mid 30's GT

20170225_063817.jpg

Manged a few more GT's from the same spot they really go hard for small fish

20170226_150930.jpg

Heading home with a nice high tide thought I'd have a crack at a bream unfortunetly the bream are still shut down but did get a reasonable big-eye trevally

20170227_093532.jpg

hopefully with the change in weather the bream will be back on soon

cheers for reading

Dave

21 hours ago, big Neil said:

Couple of nice fish there Dave. Are GT Giant Trevally and how far South do they exist? BN

that's right, they are listed as far south as Sydney I have heard of plenty being caught around Forster in the lake