Little Manly Cove - 28/2/17 - Fish frenzy

Arnie11

Hey guys quick report, just got back from little manly cove haven't been fishing in a couple of weeks. 

Decided to go against the weather experts and headed down for a few hours down to my ever reliable spot. 

Arrived to get a couple of hours of the run in tide with a couple of friends.

We all simultaneously had our first casts and we were all on, thing was this was the situation for the next 3-4 hours. Each of us reaching our bag limits on tarwhines.

Managed 2 thumper whitings which went 44cm and 42cm. Put up a great fight. 

Later on caught a red morwong? which went 48cm wow what a fight these are some strong fish and heaps of fun on 8lb mono. 

Bites went quiet and just in time as the rain started pooring which caused us to retreat back to shelter.

Looking to try a new spot this Saturday here's hoping we get the same luck again.

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_0070.PNG

IMG_0071.PNG

@Siesta911 All fish were caught on banana prawns, guess when they're on the bite they'll just about eat anything.

@Lungfai76 it's pretty amazing isn't it, wasn't quite sure what to put it down to but I like your theory

@big Neil since unis back on don't get much time to fish so made the very most of it, thanks mate. 

@budzsta thanks champ

@Mike89 Thanks champ. I'm not very familiar where red morwong or morwong for that matter are usually caught but it is the second time I catch one like that in this place. Anyone know if there any good eating? my friend reckons they are, in comparison to the standard morwong

@samjames95 Thanks mate really curious to see how they are on the table, guess we'll find out today. 

@Rock&Beach Thanks champ, definitely my number 1 eating fish. 

@Chakka Haha not every day you get one of those trips, giving the commercial fishers some competition 

@ACJ Thanks mate, you know the fishings good when you create a fishing version of nrl SuperCoach haha

On 3/1/2017 at 0:50 PM, Arnie11 said:

@Siesta911 All fish were caught on banana prawns, guess when they're on the bite they'll just about eat anything.

@Lungfai76 it's pretty amazing isn't it, wasn't quite sure what to put it down to but I like your theory

@big Neil since unis back on don't get much time to fish so made the very most of it, thanks mate. 

@budzsta thanks champ

Wow, banana prawns... Thanks