Advice on outriggers

B) im in the middle of restoring my Steber 19 footer, its an open runabout, Im doing her up to go after game fish, sharks, im just a catcher not a killer so they go back in the water, I want to fit outriggers but am astounded at the price, my brother in law a more then keen Marlin hunter suggested a shotgun rigger , what do yas think, 

I used to own a supervee they are a great boat..stick with outriggers for starters  lets you put two lures out into clear water on the outside of your wake..4 rods in the water is enough in a trailer boat  a shotgun can just add more gear to get in when you hookup..its easier to run a shottie of a flybridge or high cabin  not so easy on a windscreen model hull...stick a foto in the boating members boats section...rick

• Like 1

Plus one for outriggers direct.  Garry has great gear at a very reasonable price.  I've got his shotgun pole and it works a treat. Get a fully rigged set of his outriggers and you won't look back.  Cheers......

Dave

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Steber19 said:

I have tried to get onto outriggers direct last night the site was just loading, spinning around, loading in the end i gave up

I just got the site up. 

Full of sales and specials. Look in A Word from our Sponsors section for his number and give him a call. 

I just opened the page again and same deal, the home page comes up, pic gos,  pic comes back then goes, i hit shotgun riggers the puc comes up for 3 secs then goes again, its wierd, im using ipad so unless it takes a while to load

23 hours ago, Steber19 said:

I just opened the page again and same deal, the home page comes up, pic gos,  pic comes back then goes, i hit shotgun riggers the puc comes up for 3 secs then goes again, its wierd, im using ipad so unless it takes a while to load

Here is the details - give Gary a call

I just sent him a message

hey steber 19 i just checked the web site its loading fine from my computer i agree with a previous post and would go the outriggers before a shotty pole the idea is to run 2 lures in clean water with outriggers a shotty pole you run a lure way back and to be honest the shotty lure comes more into play for tuna than marlin

the biggest lure is your boat thats usually the first thing a marlin see when they look up next is the teaser then the lures i have been told a marlin can see a 50 cent coin at 50 meters  not shore if that one is true or not

regarding outriggers there are may options regarding bases if you put up a pic off your boat side on i will advise the best option even if it's not one we sell i'll tell you were to get them for the best price

you have two option regarding poles   fiberglass or carbon fiber we sell 4.5 meter two peace poles in both and 6 meter two peace poles in carbon fiber the difference between the two is weight the carbon fiber are lighter there is zero difference in flex but i will say if your going to treat your poles like crap don't get carbon fiber fiberglass will take a beating carbon fiber will not

we always do a good deal for fishraiders well under our advertised price and if your new to game fishing we throw in a teaser to get you started 

our advertised price for a complete setup in carbon fiber is $670.00  and fiberglass  $550.00

being in canberra i'm not going to deliver the poles and help you set it up it's a bit far to drive lol but i never turn my phone off and were hear to help 7 days a week delivery is free so any question pm me hear or email me at seriouslystain@optusnet.com.au or ring on 0438264377 hears a few pics off boats using our outriggers cheers gary

makayla with poles (2).jpg

outrigger pic.jpg

centre console.jpg

2014-08-03 10.07.29.jpg

• Like 1