South west rocks trip

crusher87

Guys we're heading for our annual week long fishing trip at SWR next week and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how we would fish it given the amount of rain up there?

We usually live bait for Spanish mackerel and cast stick baits and poppers etc for kings, tuna mackerel etc. just not sure how all this fresh will effect that kind of fishing. I'm hoping there is a solid current line of dirty and clean water so we could fish the edge of it? 

If anyone has been up there in similar conditions and has any ideas that would be great. 

the macleay is running clear at the moment, despite all the rain the rivers were so low the rain has only made them flow

there are loads of mackerel being caught the last few weeks just b warned the bar will be treacherous with the bad weather hopefully it will settle down by the time your up here

Yeah spoke to a mate up there and he said it was filthy but should clear up a bit by the end of the week. Have you ever use live herring as mackerel bait? I was thinking we would fill the tank with those if slimies are hard to find. I'm up there Tuesday for a week. Good luck tomorrow mate