Ub520 fitout

bookwa

Greetings all

just repowered a south wind ub520 with a 70yamaha

now have to do all the rest of the gear. Only intend fishing Pittwater and the Hawkesbury but maybe on calm days close offshore. What's the best depth sounder/gps to use???  Got all the safety gear covered but want to keep the sounder/gps under 2000$

cheers

Personaly I like icon for radios and have enjoyed using Lowrance hds units for quite a few years. Truthfully I think most of the sounder plotters are fantastic, it's just some are a little trickier to navigate through menus than others.

For inshore work you may consider a wide screen so you can add sidescan if you later decide to, this is very handy for finding structure and fish in rivers.

Not sure if you need Nav lights etc but I've gone with a simple railblazer pole with led battery operated lights due to lack of space in my rib, these work out pretty cost effective too https://www.railblaza.com/

Jon

Edited by JonD

Thanks Jon--i've used the railblaza bits on my little Brig rib ( 20hp honda) and they are great--thanks for reminding me about them.  Thinking maybe a raymarine 7 pro for the sounder.  Has anyone on the site fitted out with one of those?

cheers