Terrigal Haven

JimmyD

Hey guys,

Went to Terrigal Haven today in the terrible weather. Was a fair few people out blackfishing. I got as far out on the Haven Point as I could without getting washed in and was flicking back in towards the Haven. I started off casting metals, a range of different sizes and colours, with not too much love. I saw a 30ish cm gar chasing one but that was it. Swapped over to a big soft plastic. After about ten casts, bang! After a great fight and getting dragged towards the rocks, I pulled in my first ever Jewie!!! I could not believe it. 

I measured him up and turns out he was 3cm undersized! Damn. I got the plastic out, got some photos and set him on his way. I've attached the photo for anyone who's interested. Kept trying for a little while longer but that was it.

One of the other guys near me caught something big, but whatever it was snapped his 50lb line...must've been my jewie's grandad.

I got there about 1:30pm, the tide was around full high at that time. I suppose it would have been about 3pm when I caught him, so 1.5 hours after full high.

Was a great buzz and I'm itching for another chance to get out there. Hoping to get a bigger one next time.

Hope you guys are catching the big ones

Cheers

My first jewie.tiff

• Like 1

You should have stuck around mate, you missed that bloke you were speaking to trying to fight an old fella chasing jews haha tempers are high in this weather!

I was the younger bloke with a black cap on chasing leaddies (with no luck) in the pocket, didn't realise you were a fellow raider! Couldnt believe it when you pulled it out of the water, I fish there at least 3 times a week and never seen one caught there so feel privileged ?

7 hours ago, Adsy91 said:

You should have stuck around mate, you missed that bloke you were speaking to trying to fight an old fella chasing jews haha tempers are high in this weather!

I was the younger bloke with a black cap on chasing leaddies (with no luck) in the pocket, didn't realise you were a fellow raider! Couldnt believe it when you pulled it out of the water, I fish there at least 3 times a week and never seen one caught there so feel privileged ?

Hey Adsy, 

yeah I could see the two of them heating up. One of the guys was getting in real close and pretty much under his line.

I do remember seeing you there mate. It's good to see some other raiders on the coast. I will definitely be heading back out there soon so hopefully I'll see you there.

My mate that was with me when I caught the jewie has gone back out again today to see if he can bag a legal one!

Do you usually have much luck in that pocket? I pulled a 30cm bream from the wash on the pocket side of the boat ramp only about two weeks ago.

Cheers mate, chat soon

• 1 year later...