Tow vehicle

JonD

The new Ford Escape is getting good reviews. The punchy turbo 2L petrol engine would be good for towing, as would the turbo diesel model.

The Hyundai Santa Fe will be available with a 6 cylinder petrol engine this year. A lot of people prefer a petrol engine.

2 hours ago, kingfishbig said:

The new Ford Escape is getting good reviews. The punchy turbo 2L petrol engine would be good for towing, as would the turbo diesel model.

The Hyundai Santa Fe will be available with a 6 cylinder petrol engine this year. A lot of people prefer a petrol engine.

Our Ford Focus has the same 2lt turbo diesel which is used in the new land rover Freelander ( the one that's getting the good reviews). I'm not sure why so many people have advised not to tow with our Ford as I can legally tow 1500kg and the one time I did tow the boat you could barley tell it was on the back. At least I can still get away towing with that untill the right car comes along.

A big thanks to all the replys they have all been helpful so far, which is more than I can say for some of the dealers.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a hyudai Santa Fe yesterday, sat on 6lt of fuel per 100km for the 5 hr trip home. Compared to the Prado this thing is a friggin rocket and almost to comfortable to drive, love it. Not new but still has 2.5 years warranty left so not much to worry about for now, roll on the next trip to north of Cains.

Jon

17 minutes ago, JonD said:

Picked up a hyudai Santa Fe yesterday, sat on 6lt of fuel per 100km for the 5 hr trip home. Compared to the Prado this thing is a friggin rocket and almost to comfortable to drive, love it. Not new but still has 2.5 years warranty left so not much to worry about for now, roll on the next trip to north of Cains.

Jon

Congratulations mate.Hope she serves you well for many years to come.