N E COD revisited

well Friday saw my mate n I heading bush..driving thru flogging down rain and thirty knot winds thinkin glad we arnt goin to crowdy head..with no rain showing west of range we were hopeful for some fishable weather..we seen the owner and dropped off a feed of snapper for him and set up camp..we got rained on late fri sat till lunch then sunday night as well..the fish were in a reasonable mood as we nailed a few each before dark..then as light faded the surface crawlers were cracked out and the fun began...we landed half a dozen between us after having missed fifty ;BOOFS;  it amazes me how aggressive they are its also crazy how they miss them trebles..we done a lot of hard walking sat and sun morn and at the end count I had 19 and my first time mate had 15....most between 45/54 cm 1 at 56  1 at 60..some small fish were encounted with lots of follows and misses..i have started loading fotos on brag board as I havnt loaded them in my dumputer yet..i landed one that is the smallest ive ever caught..all fish released..all on lures  divers spinner blades and surface crawlers...now I just need to make excuses to the missus to go again haha...rick

they are special fish and I feel privileged to catch so many....when you can stand on a rock ten feet up and watch them home in on your lure from fifteen feet away its awesome..next trip we are going to try and video some fish  cant wait..rick

cheers neil...we had a great time..i was soaking wet till lunchtime sat but didn't care as the hits misses and hookups were unreal..fri nite was so much fun but frustrating with high percentage of misses..we cant crack a big fish in this river yet as we fish the gorge and slow water above..the property I have has over 20km of river with lots more holes to explore..lots of shallows then a hole or two..we are planning a yak attack next time the river is up a bit more than it is now...the amount of small fish is encouraging with breeding seeming to be going well  .also no carp  yeeehhaaa..clear water exciting follows flashes and unseen hookups make for a great experience...tight lines mate ..rick