Biomaster fb 1000 help

Hi guys.

Pretty happy to be on the forum.

I have been servicing my biomaster fb 1000 reels. I am having an issue with them feeling rough when winding. Not really bad or really noisy but definately not smooth (winding nothing in. Just spinning the reel with the line only on the spool so not a roller bearing issue ). I have rebuilt and cleaned them right out. In One reel all the bearings feel perfect when spining on the end of a pencil and the other reel has a couple of bearings that feel a little rough but not crunchy or anything. Very minimal. I am going to order them and see if this helps.

I'm wondering if I am doing anything wrong. I have been through them and made sure I didn't miss anything.

The worm gear and pinion gear seem to be in good Nick.

Any advise would be appreciated. I wonder if I am expecting too much. One real is 2 years old and the other 4.

If you strip the bearings of their grease and replace with too light an oil they will feel 'rough'. Even though you may think 'logically' they should be running smoother without all that thick grease in there, it is in fact opposite (they will freespool more with no grease or lighter oil, but will not feel smooth).

Just my observation anyway...