Blackfish with 5 Stents

Stapo

Hi fellow Raiders

celebrated my 60th birthday 3 weeks ago so we thought we would spend the weekend in Sydney on the harbourIMG_4335.JPG

Great spot. We might come here twice a year for a weekend visit. Anyway went to a restaurant and had great food drinks etc then on the way back to our appartments I thought I was getting bad indigestion  IMG_4336.JPG

Nope it was a  heart attack  ended up in north shore hospital  5 stents later and 1 week in hospital  

recovering and bored at home I decided to try for some blackfish at The Entrance. Asked Marvin if he could find some nice wire weed as this time of year it's hard to find and I didn't want to die getting weed.IMG_4342.JPG

Good old Marv got some really good stuff off another friend. It's a bit like gold in March.

Anyway not expecting to catch a lot of fish being a nice day I was happy just to be there and alive. Lol

But luck was on our side. Marv and I cleaned up with 12 fish total

great day good friendsIMG_4337.JPGIMG_4339.JPGIMG_4340.JPG

IMG_4338.JPG

4 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Welcome to the cardiac stent club Stapo ;)

Last week was my 7th birthday since my cardiac arrest. Bet you feel a whole lot better now the plumbing has been fixed. 

Enjoy life mate.

Thanks Donna. Yes giving up the smokes is the hard part. But I'm doing ok. 

3 minutes ago, Stapo said:

Thanks Donna. Yes giving up the smokes is the hard part. But I'm doing ok. 

I arrested during a puff on the smoke. By the time I woke from the 3 day coma and weeks recovering from broken ribs (vigorous CPR) I had well and truly withdrawn from the habit! 

So glad you got it all in time Steve. Leave the filthy bungers alone, you can do it. 

26 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Nice feed of fish, good luck on the recovery.

Is that a Raider record on the number of sticky bits stuck on your chest and abdomen?  :lol:

Ha. Should be. Thanks. 

I was thinking of ringing  you and coming up to The Entrance however the wife has had medical problems (ladies).

I had 2 stents in 2014 went away to  Hawkes Nest kayaking , we have 2 sea kayaks and the wife said I was slow and what a great paddlers she was as she had beaten an ex Commando. Loaded the kayaks onto the 4wd and got back to camp felt a bit sick and next day said lets go home not feeling the best.

One week latter about 11pm Friday night was not feeling the best rang 000 and they sent an ambulance, in hospital overnight and sent home, one week later walking around the back yard with the terrific pain in the chest, went inside and told the wife ( who is an ex nurse) she tried to take my pulse which was not there straight away rang the 000 ambulance came. Rushed to Penrith hospital with lights and sirens with the wife in the front seat, she thought it was terrific in and out of traffic. The nurse in the ambulance was asking are you ok.

Rushed in 2 stents latter and four days in hospital, when I came home did the repat and have not felt better. Now I was fit and do not smoke or drink did not have the tingle in the arm, but nausea and terrific pain.

Get well Steve and leave some luderick for me as I have not tried that rod I bought last session.

Glad to hear your all good mate! Nothing wrong with getting off the smokes and onto the weed! :) Its a much healthier habit and your a chance of catching a few fish to munch on! Lol. 

Nice catch by the way Steve! All the best. 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

1 minute ago, peterbylsma said:

Great to hear you're up again Stapo. Keep up the fishing as I say every day of fishing adds a week to your life. 

Thanks mate.  Jeff. Norm. Luke. And the rest. Getting some nice pm's as well. Cheers. 

Great to hear that you're on the improvement and feeling better. Sure looks like a world of difference cooped up in hospital with wires and tubes sticking out of you versus having a nice relaxing day on the water as in your last photo.

Nice bag of fish too, nothing like the love of the luderick to soothe the soul.

Good luck with the smokes. I'm a few weeks into quitting now myself. Hard part is over, just gotta maintain it!

6 hours ago, Mike89 said:

Great to hear that you're on the improvement and feeling better. Sure looks like a world of difference cooped up in hospital with wires and tubes sticking out of you versus having a nice relaxing day on the water as in your last photo.

Nice bag of fish too, nothing like the love of the luderick to soothe the soul.

Good luck with the smokes. I'm a few weeks into quitting now myself. Hard part is over, just gotta maintain it!

Good luck to you too Mike...you don't need smokes mate. BN

All those cords on your chest they stick on like hell.

When I got into the ambulance they put about 15 on, then in emergency they took them off (ouch) and put there 15 on, then in the ward they did the same. What gave me the sh*****ts was asking for a pan so after the second day they gave me a mobile monitor so I could go myself. Nothing like holding a pee on.

You look like an octopus had got you. What I found after it all the walking was a lot better which I did not release before as it came on gradual.