Blackfish with 5 Stents

Stapo

Been 10 years for me, woke up one morning with my left elbow aching like hell and couldn't make it comfortable no matter which position I put it in, went to work not feeling real great and after lunch which I couldn't eat a mate said you better go see a doctor you don't look the best. At this stage it had been 30 years since my last visit to any doctor, I was the bloke that wouldn't take a asprin for a throbbing headache, anyhow went to see dock and he advised me to go to hospital for check up, walked into Auburn hospital and they took one look at me and straight into intensive care, went to westmead hospital for 3 stents then back to Auburn

7 days in intensive care and 3 days in recovery ward. I haven't had a smoke since that day, wasn't hard for me as the alternative was not a good choice.

You can do it easily just keep thinking of all those tubes and such and time in hospital and it will help you through it.

Those hot flushes while having the stents inserted are something aren't they.

Frank

Hi , Stapo good to see your out and fishing again . You will have to give the smokes up. You don't want to start down the path of to many heart problems. It's good to see The Entrance is still firing up with the Blackfish. I use to see you down the Lake . Moved to the Entrance in 2010 forced retirement heart problems. I left the Entrance in May 2016 to go back to Sydney for Heart Transplant received a heart transplant September 31 2016. I smoked for 20yrs until July 2007 . I had a Complete heart rebuild to the left ventricular in sept 2007. And haven't touched the smokes since 2007. I am still recovering and haven't fished since the Blackish Season 2015 at The Entrance . I am writing this at St Vincent's Hospital, I am just here for a check up. Mate I hope you have a good recovery do not rush it, and keep fishing .

11 minutes ago, Converted 2 said:

Hi , Stapo good to see your out and fishing again . You will have to give the smokes up. You don't want to start down the path of to many heart problems. It's good to see The Entrance is still firing up with the Blackfish. I use to see you down the Lake . Moved to the Entrance in 2010 forced retirement heart problems. I left the Entrance in May 2016 to go back to Sydney for Heart Transplant received a heart transplant September 31 2016. I smoked for 20yrs until July 2007 . I had a Complete heart rebuild to the left ventricular in sept 2007. And haven't touched the smokes since 2007. I am still recovering and haven't fished since the Blackish Season 2015 at The Entrance . I am writing this at St Vincent's Hospital, I am just here for a check up. Mate I hope you have a good recovery do not rush it, and keep fishing .

Thanks for sharing that. So many of us raiders have heart problems it seems. St Vincent's is THE best cardiac centre. I have many colleagues/friends there. 

Fishing is a good sport for lots of reasons isn't it. 

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Thanks for sharing that. So many of us raiders have heart problems it seems. St Vincent's is THE best cardiac centre. I have many colleagues/friends there. 

Fishing is a good sport for lots of reasons isn't it. 

It sure is Donna. Great to read the other experiences and get their support. 

Thanks to all. 

Steve. 

Steve my hunting mate has had a triple bypass, prostate removed and both knee replaced we have an agreement if he shoots a deer and he has a heart attack what do I do with the deer.

Well we looked at it this way someone will pinch the deer so I cart the deer out and then call 000.

What arrangements do you have with Gavin when you have all those blackfish, I could look after them.

OMG!  Only just saw this post.

I am glad that you are recovering ... that must have been a traumatic experience.

The good news I guess is that after the operation if you do the right things ( and it sounds like you are ) then you can look forward a much better future.

Cheers and good luck.

Jim

Stapo,

Great read. (well you know). 

I dodged a bullet and gave up the bungers almost 5 years ago as I hit a Milestone(50).

Stories like yours absolutely keep me off the coffin nails! Still think there is alot of fishing to be done.

Speedy Recovery to you!

Dave

Edited by JohnDory

13 hours ago, JohnDory said:

Stapo,

Great read. (well you know). 

I dodged a bullet and gave up the bungers almost 5 years ago as I hit a Milestone(50).

Stories like yours absolutely keep me off the coffin nails! Still think there is alot of fishing to be done.

Speedy Recovery to you!

Dave

Thanks again to everyone