Kayak Jew On Plac.

Jewhunter

G'day all.

Inspired by all this Jew on plastics going on at the moment I decided to take the 2 man kayak out this morning with mate Mick at one of Swoffa's spots to look for a Jew or two.

This was Micks first time in the 2-up as his boat's out of action for a couple of days.

Third cast & he locks into a Jew. After a fine little fight up he came. At 4.0-4.5 kgs he wasn't big but still put a smile on our dials. :thumbup:

A couple of minutes later I pulled into & then quickly out of a weighty fish :thumbdown: . The next couple of hours produced only 5 Flatties & with sore bums we pulled the pin.

Top conditions. We were on the water by 6 a.m & out by 9 a.m.

Cheers.

Edited by Jewhunter

G'day all.

Inspired by all this Jew on plastics going on at the moment I decided to take the 2 man kayak out this morning with mate Mick at one of Swoffa's spots to look for a Jew or two.

This was Micks first time in the 2-up as his boat's out of action for a couple of days.

Third cast & he locks into a Jew. After a fine little fight up he came. At 4.0-4.5 kgs he wasn't big but still put a smile on our dials. :thumbup:

A couple of minutes later I pulled into & then quickly out of a weighty fish :thumbdown: . The next couple of hours produced only 5 Flatties & with sore bums we pulled the pin.

Top conditions. We were on the water by 6 a.m & out by 9 a.m.

Cheers.

Hey... i recognise that backround quite well :074::074::074:

Be there first thing tomorrow :074:

Well done guys, it might not be a huge fish but it's bigger than the biggest one I've caught. :thumbup: I'm hoping to change that this season.

Shane

:1fishing1:

Thanks for that Kevvie, the s*#*t is already hitting the fan over that pic & your comment.

Cheers.

Sorry mate.. truth is i'm heading there on saturday morning anyway, secret is safe with me. But i thought i would have some fun with you. I see you edited it out quickly. Now my post looks like i'm crazy :1prop:

I have had a little success there on jew

Jews seem to be everywhere at the mo....All holes & bridges are holding them. Looks like the bit of rain we had recently has fired them up!..... :thumbup:

After catching kings recently, I'd take a king over a jew. They pull so much harder on light stuff..

Cheers

Rod

[/quo

Yep, kings do pull harder than Jew. But there not Jew!!!!!!!!

Guys, it's probably a good time to point out that if you're fishing at a spot you'd prefer to keep secret (especially if someone else has given you the tip) then it's a good idea to try and mask any identifying features in your photo's, and keep the description of the location as low key as possible.

I've seen what this sort of crap can do to the goodwill of a site, and I'd really like for it not to happen to FishRaider.

Shane

Guys, it's probably a good time to point out that if you're fishing at a spot you'd prefer to keep secret (especially if someone else has given you the tip) then it's a good idea to try and mask any identifying features in your photo's, and keep the description of the location as low key as possible.

I've seen what this sort of crap can do to the goodwill of a site, and I'd really like for it not to happen to FishRaider.

Shane

Well I have to post here now fellas! I am new to the pursuit of angling AND female. I have been reading and following the posts in this forum for a long time now. I also fish with my man swordfisherman who is my teacher and an angler extraordinaire. I can't figure out why the members of this forum do not share the locations of their catches?? Perhaps someone can explain to me what this forum is for. I read with interest on the various species of fish being caught and laugh at the stories of the conquests. I am enjoying it all and yesterday I caught my first 2 fish ever. This was an exciting moment but the pics I cant post because I am scared that I may give away the "secret location". The thing that strikes me is that even if I knew a location there is much possiblity that I would not catch anything at all. I have fished with swordfisherman in groups with friends in boats and have witnessed time and time again that he will catch fish and others will not. Perhaps I am wrong but technique plays a huge part in this sport and yes. location is a help.

To you Shane, if I post a pic showing detail of location am I risking my membership of the forum for destroying its goodwill?

The location of a catch is like a man's mistress, used frequently but not spoken about, hidden from all except their best mate lol.

For those of you that can guess the location from the following cryptic clue : Ronald Mc Donald was over the moon, the secret location of my catch will be revealed!!!! :074:

Well I have to post here now fellas! I am new to the pursuit of angling AND female. I have been reading and following the posts in this forum for a long time now. I also fish with my man swordfisherman who is my teacher and an angler extraordinaire. I can't figure out why the members of this forum do not share the locations of their catches?? Perhaps someone can explain to me what this forum is for. I read with interest on the various species of fish being caught and laugh at the stories of the conquests. I am enjoying it all and yesterday I caught my first 2 fish ever. This was an exciting moment but the pics I cant post because I am scared that I may give away the "secret location". The thing that strikes me is that even if I knew a location there is much possiblity that I would not catch anything at all. I have fished with swordfisherman in groups with friends in boats and have witnessed time and time again that he will catch fish and others will not. Perhaps I am wrong but technique plays a huge part in this sport and yes. location is a help.

To you Shane, if I post a pic showing detail of location am I risking my membership of the forum for destroying its goodwill?

The location of a catch is like a man's mistress, used frequently but not spoken about, hidden from all except their best mate lol.

For those of you that can guess the location from the following cryptic clue : Ronald Mc Donald was over the moon, the secret location of my catch will be revealed!!!! :074:

:Funny-Post: But what you say is totally true. I don't know why we can't share locations. The purpose of a forum is to offer information about topics.. mostly on this site about fishing. If everyone was open and honest there would be no risk of losing 'goodwill' as you call it. Goodwill is generated by sharing information to everybody on this site. But learning the 'secret' locations of insecure fisherman is like drawing blood from a stone. :05:

Guest bluecod

The other issue to consider is that some spots only hold a limited number of breeding fish, this is particularly the case for brackish/freshwater fishes or those species that are territorial.

Increased fishing pressure, even the taking of one or two adults, can wipe out that particular spot for a long time. I understand why some fisherfolk want to hold onto their secret spots and can't blame them at all, as they may be protecting their own interest, the sustainability of a species in a particular spot or just protecting a location.

I have some spots that I have shared openly on this site, yet others I release only if PM'd and others again I would not share unless I know the bloke can be trusted not to overfish it, take fish from it or share the information.

By all means mrsswordfisherman post your report and location if you wish, I look forward to reading about your catch. As for me, I don't have any secret spots. If you read my blog you'll see that I detail the areas that I fish, the baits/lures that I use, and what I catch, or don't catch as the case may be.

All I'm saying is that if someone has given you the tip on a good/secret spot then you should be careful not to step on that persons toes by giving that spot away to all and sundry. It would appear that JH has detailed that someone's spot (by way of landmarks in the pic originally posted) and that someone is not happy. At no point did I say anyone's membership was at risk by doing so, and I don't think it ever should be the case. As far as I'm aware, detailing a fishing spot is not a violation of the site rules.

If we lived in a perfect world then there would be no secret spots. But I know that some guys on here work hard to find the hot spots and the right to share or not is entirely up to them.

It's just something to think about.

Shane

I thought the idea of this forum was to share information and talk about the sport we all love without being afraid of what we say.....or is it a place where we brag about a picture of a fish that we have caught. I AM MORE DISHEARTENED with this site after sharing all i know to other members and then reading things along the lines of secrecy. so do i now just post the pic with a scribbled background and wait for the pats on the back or actually describe how it was caught where and when and on what isnt that really what we like reading about and actually buy magazines for. i say share the information and that will give the site more members because they do not get bored just looking at pictures and posting nice fish mate.

My last say but just a thought how about including a thread called detailed fishing report where posts would be made by members that are not afraid about giving details to there fishing trip such as time location bait method etc etc . i bet the views of these posts would triple all the rest and you have your answer why people frequent these forums hoping to see detail and new ideas and methods.

So how about it add the new thread title in the main forum and lets see or are we afraid of division.... or really trying to make the site better and more interesting.

The reason this site was started in the first place long before there was a forum was to help fellow fisherman catch fish. As many here know I don't support the secret spots bullshit at all, I never have & never will. I have helped plenty of members & guests here with detailed information on locations & will continue to do so.

This site is here to support fisherman & help them out. Always will be.

I wouldn't have thought posting on a fishing forum to be the best way of keeping a spot secret :1prop:

The reason this site was started in the first place long before there was a forum was to help fellow fisherman catch fish. As many here know I don't support the secret spots bullshit at all, I never have & never will. I have helped plenty of members & guests here with detailed information on locations & will continue to do so.

This site is here to support fisherman & help them out. Always will be.

I wouldn't have thought posting on a fishing forum to be the best way of keeping a spot secret :1prop:

Well thanks guys for the posts regarding secret spots. It seems that many share my view! Another question for you - are there any other females that are active members in the forum?

Cheers

Well hasn't this created some interesting discussions.

For the record, for those of you who didn't see my original photo I really don't believe it showed much detail in the background at all. If someone else had posted it I wouldn't have known where it was.

I believe that the only people who could have picked where it was are other raiders who fish there & know it well already.

I also believe if people are paranoid about giving up a spot then they simply don't have enough spots. Are the people whinging to me the person that actually discovered the spot ? I think not.

For those of you who think "their" secret spot is so important to them I pity you. You need a reallity check. As someone who has survived cancer, being run over & having to fend for themself since I was 15, I fish to get away from the petty crap that people carry on with in life. I did not expect to find that petty crap going on here. I am more than willing to share information, help people out & share my spots with interested party's, as a few of you are already aware of. If I inadvertantly shared someone else's spot & THAT person was offended then I am sorry.

For the small minority of you pseudo fisherman that have never pumped a nipper, dug a worm, caught livies, found spots for yourselves, cleaned, & in some cases never eaten your catch, what can I say? I sincerly hope we don't meet one day. All the expensive gear in the world will never make you a fisho.

For the record again, this will be the last picture & last post that I ever put on the Fishraider website.

Tight Lines & adios.

The JewHunter. :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

Edited by Jewhunter

For the record, for those of you who didn't see my original photo I really don't believe it showed much detail in the background at all. If someone else had posted it I wouldn't have known where it was.

I believe that the only people who could have picked where it was are other raiders who fish there & know it well already.

I also believe if people are paranoid about giving up a spot then they simply don't have enough spots. Are the people whinging to me the person that actually discovered the spot ? I think not.

For those of you who think "their" secret spot is so important to them I pity you. You need a reallity check. As someone who has survived cancer, being run over & having to fend for themself since I was 15, I fish to get away from the petty crap that people carry on with in life. I did not expect to find that petty crap going on here. I am more than willing to share information, help people out & share my spots with interested party's, as a few of you are already aware of. If I inadvertantly shared someone else's spot & THAT person was offended then I am sorry.

For the small minority of you pseudo fisherman that have never pumped a nipper, dug a worm, caught livies, found spots for yourselves, cleaned, & in some cases never eaten your catch, what can I say? I sincerly hope we don't meet one day. All the expensive gear in the world will never make you a fisho.

So guys & gals here is the original photo again. Do you know where it is???

For the record again, this will be the last picture & last post that I ever put on the Fishraider website.

Tight Lines & adios.

The JewHunter. :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

Sorry mate but i am not from the area and i know exactly where it is. it is not hard to see that you are under a low bridge, and the concrete tower in the background even blind freddy would know where you are. Great jew though, keep up the good work.

:thumbup:

All this talk about secret spots....It's a crock!

Fish don't sit in just the one spot and wait for JUST the right lure or bait to come along! :wacko: They move around, just like fisho's do. The secret isn't being at the right spot. Its also having the right tidal influence, water temp and other factors.

Thats probably why I suck at fishing...I still can't get my head around all that stuff! :wacko::wacko:

Tight Lines & adios.

Jewhunter, mate I'm at a bit of a loss as to what's going on here. Earlier in the thread it looked like you were having a go at Kevvie for saying that he recognised the spot from the photo and that the s%#t was hitting the fan. From what you've posted above it would seem that you actually haven't copped any flack at all for posting the photo??? If this is the case then there really isn't a problem and we can forget about it.

The reason for my post was not to p#&@ anyone off, cause offence, or make anyone want to quit the site. Like I said in a previous post, I'm all for being open about the spots we go fishing (as I am with my posts), but some people wish to keep some of the spots to themselves, which I think is fine. All I was saying is that if someone gave you the tip on that spot and you made it known to masses (including the trolls that frequent this site) where the spot was, then they might well get annoyed and it could be the start of problems with people being open and honest on the site, or worse, cause undue friction between members.

Mate, I want to apologise if anything I've said has caused you offence, and I hope that you'll reconsider your decision to stop posting to the site, as I've enjoyed reading your posts, as I'm sure the other Raiders have.

Shane

Tight Lines & adios.

Jewhunter, i feel somewhat responsible for starting this whole discussion. Initially i only mentioned it as a joke. My beliefs on sharing info may or may not sit well with others but i still respect the right to your own opinion even though i may not agree.

The statement that you will never post again makes me a little sad as i have enjoyed reading your posts and eagerly anticipate the info that you share, especially that i'm addicted to cathing jew on sp's as i think you are. It would be a great loss to this site to never read your info again. Please reconsider.