Kayak Jew On Plac.

Jewhunter

Hey Jewhunter,

I also read your reports with anticipation of another good report and tips to come. Everyone has there own view on secret spots and catch and release, the big picture is, we gotta look after mother earth and our limited resources. If we take fish, just take enough for a feed. It would be sad if you left the sight, as the boys have said above, your contributions are valuable to the site, but if you feel like youv'e had enough, then thats of course up to you. Dont forget, everyone on this site loves fishing, unfortunately, there may be a few who use it to cane a spot.

Well hasn't this created some interesting discussions.

For the record, for those of you who didn't see my original photo I really don't believe it showed much detail For the record again, this will be the last picture & last post that I ever put on the Fishraider website.

Tight Lines & adios.

The JewHunter. :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

GUYS AND GALS ,This was not meant to point bone at any one or get stuck into people ,The MISSUS just couldnt understand why FELLOW FISHRAIDERS would not love to get thier MATES onto more fish ???

JEWHUNTER , you seem like a real nice guy and i understand the fishing scene stuff all to well as i have fished all my life and done the hard yards,to leave FISHRAIDER would be a LOSS to us all and i do love to see guys and pics with nice fish where ever they be !!!!

Please do not make hasty decisions on this .I KNOW I HAVE DONE IN THE PAST AND IT HAS COST ME DEARLY

:thumbdown: CHEERS STEWY

......some secrets are good :mattarello:

And Jewhunter, in case this response at all added to your decision.......the "some secrets are good" was about Mistresses and best mates......nothing to do with fishing......sorry if I offended

I think my stance on this post is pretty obvious. :mad3:

It's the last time I tell anyone about any spots I used to fish. I rarely fish there now as there's much more productive places for jewies on plastic, I got 10 jews this week from another river system and they were all bigger than the one Mick got. I won't be taking anyone to mynew honeyhole.

Mick did well to pull a jewie there at this time of year, especially after the rain.

kinda sad fishin on your own don't you think? :1prop:

It's the last time I tell anyone about any spots I used to fish. I rarely fish there now as there's much more productive places for jewies on plastic, I got 10 jews this week from another river system and they were all bigger than the one Mick got. I won't be taking anyone to mynew honeyhole.

Mick did well to pull a jewie there at this time of year, especially after the rain.

thats fine but there are a few people like me that dont enjoy petty bignoting and worrying if they offend someone with a mere picture and some people come into the category of my previous post here. Well i think i can get more stimulous from bom.gov for the weather and the other info places and enjoy discussions on fishing elsewhere now enjoy looking at your pictures because i certainly wont be from now on and to the rest of the true fishing folk on this site take care and have an enjoyable year talking about the sport you love

bye

Three cheers Kevvie, Mrs Swordfishaman, Dave L, Ken and anyone else that doesn’t believe in secret spots and are willing to share the information and not worry about editing photos so as not to offend a select few.. No way in the world should you be curtsied or harassed for posting the picture you want to post or revealing or passing on a fishing location. Its not private property unless you have a receipt.

If you’re ticked off at someone finding your secret spot on a public waterway, it’s generally for two reasons

1/ One you told them in the first place to be buddy buddy and they have passed it on. Your poor choice

2/ Some one saw you or others fishing there

Sure if you put in the time you will find fish, for me and others we cannot get out that often and this forum is a huge help. Where I can contribute I will always be happy to help out. If I am given a good turn then that deserves two in return. Sure it’s your choice and right to share or not to and that should be respected. But why then post seeking praise and feedback and interaction of others. It cant all be ego?

Further more when on the water you will see the pros such as Calmwater Charters and Estuary Fishing Charters as well as others fishing certain locations. Sure keep a few to yourself and get an invisible cloak or erect a screen around the boat.

It’s natural for people to want comment on their posts and others to share the personal experience/pride/joy and reap praise upon them on how good you have done. Then give something back. I certainly like the positive comments and encouragement I get from time to time, and believe me I need it !!!!!!!! :1prop:

What I feel is poor form is to have a go at anyone who does decide to share a fishing location, or post a picture of their choice and you don’t like the amount of background in view. My thoughts are they deserve the same respect you would want, if not more.

What a sh*t fight.

I would never give up a good spot over the net. I would however give it via pm or email to all the guys who have helped me out and guys I have met. The reason? So only people that input on this site could get the benifit. Plenty of people surf this site and don't contribute. Why let them flog an area that they previously knew nothing about and use this site as a free way to get info and spots without contributing.

I beleive guys like swoff and jew hunter and swordfisherman have a right to a secret spot.

Remember its only secret unless you ask them where it is!

have a think about that before drive guys like this away.

Cheers

Lee

What a sh*t fight.

I beleive guys like swoff and jew hunter and swordfisherman have a right to a secret spot.

Remember its only secret unless you ask them where it is!

have a think about that before drive guys like this away.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,As for me having "SECRET SPOTS " I dont not have any :074: I have been told about places and a lot of guys seem to think that every person who goes to the so called "SECRET SPOTS "will catch all the fish !!! The fact of the matter is I have a lot of trouble hiding in my boat :1yikes: it does not go into stealth mode when i see some other guys coming my way :biggrin2: , I do fish a lot and i thank the fellow raiders who have shown me how to catch BREAM /JEWS AND other assorted piscatoral adversaries. I too have taken guys to places i have lucked onto fish and would lend assistance to anyone on here who would just take the time to ask :thumbup: Some of us need that little bit of help to land that elusive first species ,me being one of them :thumbup: .I am just happy to be a part of FISHRAIDER and i hope to meet many of you nice fisherfolk in the coming years

TIGHT LINES SWORDFISHERMAN

Plenty of people surf this site and don't contribute. Why let them flog an area that they previously knew nothing about and use this site as a free way to get info and spots without contributing.

Lee you are 100% right mate. Members make up less than 50% of the visitors to this site. It is viewed by several thousand a day & if you post pics of yourself with big fish taken at a "secret" spot in my opinion its only a matter of time until someone spots you on the water hence my comments about if you want to keep it secret don't tell anyone & don't post it on the net. Considering the pictures also get posted on other sites as well there are thousands of people viewing them.

If you choose to post them don't bother complaining about people finding the spots. After all it was YOUR choice to post. If you ask for a spot to be kept secret & someone you trust blabs it then tough luck it was again a poor decision on YOUR part.

No one forces anyone to share a location here or on any other forum. As per usual the secret spots bullshit has ended in people getting offensive, threatening PM's. Nice attitude isn't it :thumbdown:

No picks? No report? Your not snobbing us off are you Swoffa??????? :biggrin2:

Edited by Sharky

I can't believe all this!!!

Surely people have the right to reveal a spot or not.

To all you gun Jew on SP's fisherfolk please keep posting - even without pics if you want!

I am probably like a lot of others who are encouraged by hearing of great fish being caught - it gives me hope of getting one on my next outing! Any info, no matter how limited, is better than no info at all.

Can we all forgive, forget and move on?

I can't believe all this!!!

Surely people have the right to reveal a spot or not.

To all you gun Jew on SP's fisherfolk please keep posting - even without pics if you want!

I am probably like a lot of others who are encouraged by hearing of great fish being caught - it gives me hope of getting one on my next outing! Any info, no matter how limited, is better than no info at all.

Can we all forgive, forget and move on?

After this morning my care factor is below zero

Cheers

Lee

But at least you are still posting.

Yes but its still very disheartening. I can see both sides of the story and I beleive that some people don't want to put in the hard yards to get a similar result.

i have no issues with posting up pics with blured backgrounds. Its all about fishing. Any some remarks in other threads about certain anglers and thier gear ( when read between the lines ) is a stab in the back and I hate that.

I can't believe we are heading this way.

I still stand by what I said before.

Cheers

Lee

Edited by leelee