Jewhunter reports on the aftermath of Cyclone Debbie

mrsswordfisherman

Jewhunter has been having a really a really tough time up in Murwillumbah. His home is right in the middle of the flood zone.

He has no computer, printer, internet etc. He has lost his house, cars, etc etc and sent some pics to show us.

The community has really rallied and they are helping each other. 

IMG_0179.JPGIMG_0180.JPGIMG_0181.JPGIMG_0182.JPGIMG_0183.JPGIMG_0184.JPG

Here is what he said about the community. 

"The most amazing community spirit I've ever seen though. People out cooking & delivering food to the worst areas. Local footy team turned up & shovelled the mud out of my shed the other day. People giving whatever they can to those worse off. So many offers of help & washing clothes & giving us necessities. We even got given a house to stay in, so at least we have a roof over our heads. I reckon I'm lucky!"

Thanks Jim, & thanks Donna. Thousands of people up here are displaced. 7 people have died & my heart goes out to their family & friends. I'll get Donna to post more pics soon if the devastation. Lismore has copped it badly. So many communities are going through a terrible time. It truly is heartbreaking. The amount of mud is unbelievable.

And to think that there are scum that go around praying on people in these terrible times looting the little people have left makes me disgusted in humanity and ashamed to be part of the human race.

Stay strong for you and the family mate.Hoping  good fortune comes your way real soon.

To the rest of us it really sends home the message that no matter how hard we think we have it,there's always people much worse off and in the blink of an eye you can lose everything including loved ones.

Fabian.