JB Report

SeaHuffKing

Finally got some good weather, so went out to-day for a look. Glad to say there are a few fish about, ended up with two Striped Marlin. One on a lure about 90kg and dropped one as well.

Jigged up some slimeys (fair bit of bait out there) and got one about 150kg (maybe more) on a slimey. Somehow the line had lassooed around its shoulder (so not hooked in the mouth at all) i was wondering why it was so a hard long fight (about an hour and a half) and really had a hard time getting the fish up pulling it sideways like this.

Anyway i was stuffed when i finally released him, so i called it a day at about 2pm as i didnt have the energy for another, but i reckon i could have hooked a few more if i had stuck it out.

On 4/6/2017 at 8:24 PM, SeaHuffKing said:

Finally got some good weather, so went out to-day for a look. Glad to say there are a few fish about, ended up with two Striped Marlin. One on a lure about 90kg and dropped one as well.

Jigged up some slimeys (fair bit of bait out there) and got one about 150kg (maybe more) on a slimey. Somehow the line had lassooed around its shoulder (so not hooked in the mouth at all) i was wondering why it was so a hard long fight (about an hour and a half) and really had a hard time getting the fish up pulling it sideways like this.

Anyway i was stuffed when i finally released him, so i called it a day at about 2pm as i didnt have the energy for another, but i reckon i could have hooked a few more if i had stuck it out.

Heading down on Thursday night and looking to add a few more to the collection friday.

Mind sharing a bit of info re fish and bait location mate? Also what lure he decided to chew down?

Yeah no problem

I was up around the Drum Canyons in 160m, I started at the Kink and just headed North zig zagging around that depth looking for some good bait, I found a heap in that area.

The lure was a 10inch JB lure,not exactly sure what head (maybe a dingo or chook) in a purple,green gold and silver color.

The water was 24 degrees

Thanks mate, looking at the currents and what not i thought the drum might still be holding fish.

I'll be there on Friday if anyone else is around having a look.

Will be running a couple of bigger lures in the corners hoping for a sneaky blue. Been some absolute crackers around lately as well as a couple of boats finding their reels empty

Well done on the beakies mate, we spent all Saturday pulling lovely looking spreads around some stunning looking water but didnt turn a reel. The Sydney Game comp. was on and from the skeds we heard of a 350 kg plus blue captured , 200kg blue captured, and a estimated 30kg dollie taken, also a couple of wahoo further North. Reports today the big blue was in 1000fa East of the Hacking.We didn't even find bait so you did well,

Cheers