FISHRAIDERS LAST HURRAH

untitled.png FROM ALL THE TEAM AT FISHRAIDER

It is with a heavy heart and some relief that Donna and I have decided to shut our beloved site down at the end of this financial year.

We took over this website started by Ken Alexander about 13 years ago. It was a very small community of 600 odd members and we have taken it to a very close knit community of fishos that have enjoyed the time both online and offline.

Firstly - our great webmaster Craig whom without his expertise this site would have never have reached this point at all. He has always been our go to person for all things technical and we thank him from the bottom of our hearts.

The tireless work of our past and present moderators will never be forgotten by any of us and this job they carried out was for no fame nor fortune but for the good of the community. These people we are forever indebted to.

To the advertisers, past and present who helped us keep this site running we would also like to tip our hats to you and your companies for your absolute faith in our modest site. Your support enabled us to have many socials and breakfasts and events over the years.

To the many members and particualrly the life friends we have made through fishraider this will still be so and always as friends dont go away.

The saving grace for all these years was Donna (mrsswordfisherman) who ran this site with a steely resolve even in the face of adversity from many people (assholes) that tried to stop her in her tracks but she is a fine woman and would never give in to any form of bullying or threats and for this I take my hat off to her.

To many this will be hard to let go of and we understand this but Donna and myself feel we have no more to give and our time is up.

Good fishing to everyone and we may see you some time in the future.

To anyone who needs to get contacts from each other get PMing and make sure all your friends are added to your contacts or phone as once the site shuts this will never be available again.

The membership has now been closed. No further fish of the month will be happening. Grab your gallery pics if that is where you have stored those happy snaps. Please continue to post and discuss all things fishing until we close the doors forever.

Regards Stewy and Donna

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a sad day when the site closes. Congrats to all the Fishraider team keeping it going for so long. A big well done from me. You have helped many fisherman learn & improve their fishing & meet new like minded people. Good luck in the future !

As a moderator and truly addicted member of this site, I am deeply saddened to see it close. But times are changing unfortunately and with the development of social media it is just not a cost affective option to continue the site amongst other things. Not only is it a personal burden on Donna and Stewy but the time invested is also massive and one they can do without on their twilight years. I have met hundreds of raiders over many years and many of them I know call mates! Ive been exposed to a wealth of knowledge from many members and it has contributed to my knowledge immensely! I wish everyone all the best and if their is anyone that wants to maintain contact with me please send me a pm with your phone number and I'll be happy to reply! 

Tight lines my friends, 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

It really is a sad announcement. I have enjoyed meeting everyone I have met and it is a testimony to Stewey and Donna and all the Mods that everyone in here is nice. I will think about Fishraider over the next month and who knows where my thoughts will take me.

Oh no., I hope it gets rescued.    I have been on here since 2008 and have checked out the site most days since.  It will be very sad to see it go. 

I have learnt so much on here, the past posts will be a shame to lose too. 

I hate to say it,but I suspect us as members where a big part of the sites demise.Like I said in my posts on the site becoming stagnant I'm not surprised it's come to this and I blame all of us members big time for it.

Others may feel differently.

Thanks Donna,Stewy,moderators,etc for a terrific site and all the long hours,work etc that was put into it.

I leave this site knowing that I learnt a lot from people's post etc and hope others have learnt something from mine.

As big Arnie would say,Asta la vista baby and there certainly will be a void on my phone in my free time.

Cheers.

This is very sad news.

I joined Fishraiders 12 years ago, Geoff joined about a year later.
We have met and become good friends with a lot of members enjoying their company at the socials.
We hope our friendships will continue after Fishraider site shuts down.

Thank you to all past and present Admin, Mods, Sponsors and helpers who have donated a lot of their time to make this the best online fishing forum.
Thank you to the members for all the input, photos and knowledge they have shared.

Most of all thank you to the Swordies. 
We have become very good friends over the years going out socially as well as fishing holidays. We will continue this way beyond Fishraiders

We hope the future holds new and exciting things for you both. 

Lyn & Geoff

very sad :( This is great inclusive site - an awesome mix of experience and unformed enthusiasms and everything in between. I'm relatively new here but have already met a few great people and learned tons.

Here and now, gratitude and thanks to everybody who worked, to advertisers who supported it and to all who posted. I am very sorry to hear its going.

Guest Guest123456789

Thanks Stewy, Donna and all the mods for your tireless effort. It's sad to hear the site is shutting down. I can understand why though, it would be a lot of work.

Cheers Stewy & Donna, - You guys set a high standard and values for this site from the day you took over, it has eclipsed its competitors and been a fantastic source of knowledge and sociability for its members - Cheers to you guys for a truly great effort keeping the site going in the face of the constant challenges. 

Blood Knot

I am absolutely gutted and i dont know what to say or do........

i will miss everyone dearly and thanks to everyone who i have learny SO MUCH from.

a special thanks to stewy and donna and all the moderators for the fantastic work making this forum what it is today. 

I am deeply saddened by this news. Even though some of us were aware of this possibility for a long time now, I know at least for myself, this is still a shock to the system.

I know this wasn't an easy decision to make but life goes on. I admire the tenacity of the admin team for hanging in as long as they have in keeping Fishraider going and having the undeniably positive influence within the community through its brand and members. Also, the rest of the mod team whom have worked tirelessly to keep the forum in check and a pleasant experience. I've had the pleasure of having met pretty much everyone and I look forward to more fishing adventures in the future. 

3 hours ago, Ken A said:

It will be a sad day when the site closes. Congrats to all the Fishraider team keeping it going for so long. A big well done from me. You have helped many fisherman learn & improve their fishing & meet new like minded people. Good luck in the future !

Thanks Ken for entrusting the site to us all those years ago. You started fishraider! It is sad but we have many happy memories of meeting many members at our socials and weekends away. 

I will use this time to go back and read all those old posts I think :)