FISHRAIDERS LAST HURRAH

Oh wow... I can't believe it! The passing of an iconic site.ive been a member here for years and a visitor for years before that.

A massive thanks for Stewy and Donna for all your hard work over the years and to the moderators as well. 

I have had many hours of enjoyment from fishraider. It's been my holly grail for fishing. I've gleaned so much from all the fishos over the years and thank you to all who contributed to the site and expanded my knowledge and given me heaps of laughs. 

I'm going to miss everyone's reports and seeing what everyone has caught.

Thanks again Swordies for everything over the years and running a tight ship.

To all the members out there good luck and tight lines.

cheers,

Steve ?

PS: please, please, please someone pick up the reigns, we'll all be the more poorer is FR disappears....

Edited by Fish-On

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a shame. This site picked me up and  threw me into this hobby 6 yrs ago when i wasnt doing real well. Gave me a new thing to focus on and learn. Maybe a facebook page could be  made.

Now sadly ill be remembered as the  bloke with the rock cale record....was hoping to upgrade to bream or luderick one day....oh well.

Along with everyone else who has posted I am devastated. 

This site has been a godsend. I may not have posted a lot in the last few years but i have regularly checked in to see what is happening. The Fishraider community has been fabulous and given me many hours of great reading.

I realise that running a site like this is an onerous task and from the bottom of my heart i thank Donna, Stewey and all of the various mods over the years for their effort. Without them this would have just been another short lived forum devoid of character.

I will miss all of you 

Dave

Thanks for Stewy and Donna and to the moderators as well. Been great being a member for a couple of years, have made a couple of new friends and that's always a good thing.

Donna

any chance of one last run of Fishraider stickers, so we can ID members on the water long after the Forum has been retired to the ethers.

im happy to organise with someone like Vistaprint if you have a template we can use.

Well what can I say, thanks to Stewy and Donna and all of the moderators for their hard work. I know that I haven't posted much but I always liked to read all of the reports. I started on hear when Ken had the site and it has just gone from strength to strength.

I hope you relax into the next chapter of your lives and fish like crazy.

Thanks again for everything, take care of yourselves.

Big-Pete

I'm so sad!!! I hope we can work out something to keep all the raiders in touch. I would love to get something on Facebook started in order for everyone to keep in touch and share all this valuable information.

When I first joined FR, I was just bored in class and googling fishing reports, this lead to me re-kindling my love for fishing. The countless hours I spent on this forum reading instead of actually studying kind of paid off... with me landing more fish but landing less marks hahaha... But with that being said, this site is a gold mine of information and I'm so sad that it's going! I hope that everyone will stay in touch as I don't think I have ever seen so many open people and genuinely helpful and supportive people on a forum before! I've made friends here and fished with a few of you and shared adventures together! I hope that we can keep this sharing and helpful fishing culture going. I'm part of many fishing forums/facebook groups now but this group has always been the best! There is nothing like FR around and I truly wish everyone the best!!! Please look after your health and should you ever see me on the water in my yak, give me a shout!! :D

Best wishes to everyone and once again thank you to all the admins for your hard work!

So Long and thanks for all the fish!

13 years is a long time to maintain the level of effort and enthusiasm that you have done. You should be very proud of your great work which has brought new and old fisherpeople together in a community of like minded people whose main aim was to share, help and encourage one another.

Many friendships have been created through your work and I for one will miss my daily log ins.

You'll now have some time to go fishing!

Enjoy,

KB

Overwhelmed at the responses here everyone. 

Everytime I open this thread I see how much difference this community has made to people's lives. It makes me both happy and sad.

We have a Facebook page. Jump on and like it! A couple of members have already put hands up to admin a Facebook group page. I will give this some thought how best I can help. A point of contact for raiders. 

Raiders will always catch hairtail and be the best anglers and most generous folk around.

jeff and Ric we have lots of stickers - I promise to get those available asap. 

I will answer all the pm's I am getting too soon as I can. 

fishraider@iinet.net.au email address remains if anyone needs to email

Sincere thanks to everyone

Donna

Stewy and Donna, thank you for all of your hard work and commitment to the forum.

Finding a forum that was run as passionately as our fishing lives is not something I think any of us will forget. 

I'll be sad to see it go but happy that you two are going to take some time for yourselves now. You have truly become pillars in the NSW fishing community and I applaud you both. 

All the best guys you deserve it!

Thanks again for all your hard work

Adsy

??

Fab 1 sayd:” I hate to say it,but I suspect us as members where a big part of the sites demise.Like I said in my posts on the site becoming stagnant I'm not surprised it's come to this and I blame all of us members big time for it.”

I agree that, and i am guilty allso.

sam bros sayd:”Maybe some of our members could make a fb group or something similar where we could sort of continue the spirit of fishraider and continue to be able to share our fishing adventures. (just a suggestion, please delete if not allowed)”

This should be nice, if later, the connection is maintained  between Fishraiders, soon "Ex Fishraiders".  Should be nice share with you some fishing experiens later too, even in some facebook group even. Let me know also if someone planning something like that?

Jani

Donna and Stewy, and the mods,

thank you very much for running this forum, a great effort by you all.

I will keep fishing in Port Hacking (getting nearer to 60 years fishing here now), and other places when the caravan is taking us about the country.

Dave.

What a loss, such a wealth of knowledge and archives being switched off. 

Fishraider has been part of my fishing life in Australia and always helped as my sport desires have evolved. I've made good friends and enjoyed many laughs. 

I know there is too much passion for the decision not to have  been well considered by Donna and Stew. Enjoy the rest, and know you created the best social fishing forum out. 

Thanks to all the Admin who kept the boat tracking true. 

Steve

Just adding my sadness, and my sincere appreciation for all the hard work by Donna, Stewie and our mods. Summed up in one word; irreplaceable.

To the Swordies, my best wishes for many many years of good health and every happiness ahead. Love you both.

That is, indeed, sad. I don't get onto Fishraider a lot... but probably more than I get out fishing! Having just moved to Port Stephens, I hoped to change both as I have more time in paradise!

i have learned a lot here and loved the sharing of information by Raiders. I might have to browse all of Scratchie's posts and save the info I need!

I, too, was surprised the site lasted so long. Many other forums died quickly with the growth of social media like Facebook.

Thanks for the hard work and the good times!

2 minutes ago, antonywardle said:

It will be hard to contact Scratchie and garfield next time I am in Port Stephens to show that I can actually catch fish!

Scratchie thinks otherwise ;-)

Lol.... mate, I'm lucky to catch a cold on my last few outings! You have my number champ! If not, pm me and I'll send it to you! 

5 hours ago, Scratchie said:

No need Baz, you have my number just give me a call :) 

No worries, Jeff, thanks! I went out yesterday and put my son onto a heap off bonnies near Boondelbah Island. He had a ball. I'd like to get into the longtails and also do a run to Broughton in the company of another boat. Will give you a call once I settle into a routine with my work roster. ?

Like others have said... Wow! ....so sad. Felt like a kick in the guts when I read this but I can wholly relate to the effort Donna and Stewy have put in.  THANK YOU for carrying us all this long.  I sincerely hope you guys take that long earned break and catch more fish!

BTW, because of the standard you set this was the only site I joined, read and contributed to over the years. I wish you well.

Wow I'm devastated, I have been a member for nearly 10 years, and have gleaned so much invaluable information from this site. Stewey you and Donna should be congratulated for the stirling job you have done over the years in the face of much adversity.

Your expertise and knowledge will be sorely missed.

I wish you all the very best for the future.