FISHRAIDERS LAST HURRAH

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stewy & Donna, so sad to hear the news but at the same time, really happy for the both of you as I can imagine the release from the burden of managing and supporting what must be the largest online community of anglers in Australia. The community you managed to foster and grow is unprecedented and may never ever be repeated ever again. Kudos to the moderators over the years who helped as well as the many people at the forefront and in the background who made the site genuine and a place we can all come together to share our love for fishing and the great outdoors.

My kids are now taller than me and don't fish as much any more but they still remember the Botany Bay social! As a family, we are eternally grateful and feel privileged to have been part of Fishraider and wish the both of you all the best in the years ahead ....

sad to see it go this site has given me so much knowledge and helped me get to where i am as a fisherman today.

as for the lack of posts been fighting chronic illness for the last 2 years in and out of hospital for the last 6 months or so fishing is a gift don't take it for granted. still try to get out as much as i can with some amazing fishing happening but just haven't found the time to post. 

thanks for everything guys and good luck in the future. 

cheers seamus 

4 hours ago, Sydneyfisher12 said:

sad to see it go this site has given me so much knowledge and helped me get to where i am as a fisherman today.

as for the lack of posts been fighting chronic illness for the last 2 years in and out of hospital for the last 6 months or so fishing is a gift don't take it for granted. still try to get out as much as i can with some amazing fishing happening but just haven't found the time to post. 

thanks for everything guys and good luck in the future. 

cheers seamus 

Seamus mate. Sorry to hear that you've been crook. I always really enjoyed your posts and videos. Hope you make a full and speedy recovery and are able to get back to what you do so well. Good luck, BN

Thanks Donna and Stewie for providing this resource for as long as you did.

I can only imagine how much effort was required to keep it going and it must be very hard for you both to make this decision particularly as you know how much it has meant to the members.

I hope the new found free time gives you both more opportunity to enjoy time together.

All the best to you both and the many moderators and members who have made this site by far the best fishing forum around.

Cheers

Jim

Wow i only log on today and saw this just now.

I dont know what happened but was a quick ending,then I saw the other post saying now we are not closing.

Thank you for choosing to remain open !

I love this forum and the people I chat with on here and share information with.

Although a seldom poster I visit often and almost feel cheated that the site will be taken away from me. Thank you wholeheartedly for the short time I have been able to enjoy this fabulous and valuable resource. 

35 minutes ago, blaxland said:

Although a seldom poster I visit often and almost feel cheated that the site will be taken away from me. Thank you wholeheartedly for the short time I have been able to enjoy this fabulous and valuable resource. 

The site has been saved apparently. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope there is something as good as FR. I'm greatful for all the posts I've read, the tips and advice I've received making me a wiser and better angler. Thanks to all all of you that have contributed, from all the administration team that have taken the time to run this site, and the members that have contributed with reports, and to all that have even read my posts. Wishing all the best to you all.

Rob

3 hours ago, hellcorner said:

I hope there is something as good as FR. I'm greatful for all the posts I've read, the tips and advice I've received making me a wiser and better angler. Thanks to all all of you that have contributed, from all the administration team that have taken the time to run this site, and the members that have contributed with reports, and to all that have even read my posts. Wishing all the best to you all.

Rob

Hey Rob!! Fishraiders isn't closing down, it's been saved

That will teach me from jumping the gun! I was reading other posts, and realised what I did, but it is great news that this site will remain open!  I enjoy seeing people catching fish, learning and mastering new skills, achieving PB's and how people mentor others. Here's to looking forward to being part of it all, one way or another.

• 2 weeks later...