FISHRAIDERS LAST HURRAH

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

As a moderator and truly addicted member of this site, I am deeply saddened to see it close. But times are changing unfortunately and with the development of social media it is just not a cost affective option to continue the site amongst other things. Not only is it a personal burden on Donna and Stewy but the time invested is also massive and one they can do without on their twilight years. I have met hundreds of raiders over many years and many of them I know call mates! Ive been exposed to a wealth of knowledge from many members and it has contributed to my knowledge immensely! I wish everyone all the best and if their is anyone that wants to maintain contact with me please send me a pm with your phone number and I'll be happy to reply! 

Tight lines my friends, 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

You have earned a rest Jeff. You have been a loyal and trusty comrade through the good times and the bad. We have enjoyed watching your kids grow and turn into great fishos. You and Jodie have a top mob! 

We will certainly be keeping in touch with you ;)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really sad news, first sydney angler last year, and now fishraider.  A lots of valuable info might go into nowhere.

Thank you very much Ken, Donna, Stewy, mods and contributors for every effort to make this dedicated site live.

2 hours ago, harold said:

It really is a sad announcement. I have enjoyed meeting everyone I have met and it is a testimony to Stewey and Donna and all the Mods that everyone in here is nice. I will think about Fishraider over the next month and who knows where my thoughts will take me.

Thanks Harold. We have fond memories of the legendary fishraider hairtail socials that you provided large cash prizes for. 

We always loved to meet all the members and the big breakfasts on the top of the houseboat on the Sunday. Wonderful times really.

Regards to Mimi and Jeremy 

Thank you Stewey and Donna,Craig, past and present Mods, sponsors and everyone who has contributed to FR over the years. 

If it wasn't for Raiders answering questions  (often repetedly) my fishing would still be mediocre. I have learnt skills, made friends and spent a small fortune to improve my passion. 

There will be hours of the work day that I will need to fill, not with work obviously. I'll save on my phone bill, with not going over the data that I can spend on fishing gear though. 

I will miss reading everyone's tales, story's and tips. 

Thank you Swordies for keeping this great community alive for the last 13 years and  to everyone who has been apart of fishraider. 

Cheers

Tara

2 hours ago, Fab1 said:

I hate to say it,but I suspect us as members where a big part of the sites demise.Like I said in my posts on the site becoming stagnant I'm not surprised it's come to this and I blame all of us members big time for it.

Others may feel differently.

Thanks Donna,Stewy,moderators,etc for a terrific site and all the long hours,work etc that was put into it.

I leave this site knowing that I learnt a lot from people's post etc and hope others have learnt something from mine.

As big Arnie would say,Asta la vista baby and there certainly will be a void on my phone in my free time.

Cheers.

Fabian a huge thanks to you for your input. You must know that your posts in the Workshop are well read and observed by many.

Keep chatting guys plenty of time left :)

Thanks Donna and Stewy for all your efforts. You guys are legends for your commitment over the years. 

Hopefully we can still have a few beers and a massive last hoorah at the Hairtail social????

Damn!

Sad to hear the news... its been a while since I have been on the forums but in the years gone by Fishraider was my go to place for all this fishing...

I have meet and fished with a load of great ppl all through Fishraider so at least we still have these friendship after the site closes

thanks to everyone on the Fishraider team, especially Donna and poofter Stewy.. you guys rock!

Stewy! Let me know when you want me to take you out and show you how to fish... Gary Brown style!

cheers

Trung 

2 hours ago, Dalucius said:

This is very sad news.

I joined Fishraiders 12 years ago, Geoff joined about a year later.
We have met and become good friends with a lot of members enjoying their company at the socials.
We hope our friendships will continue after Fishraider site shuts down.

Thank you to all past and present Admin, Mods, Sponsors and helpers who have donated a lot of their time to make this the best online fishing forum.
Thank you to the members for all the input, photos and knowledge they have shared.

Most of all thank you to the Swordies. 
We have become very good friends over the years going out socially as well as fishing holidays. We will continue this way beyond Fishraiders

We hope the future holds new and exciting things for you both. 

Lyn & Geoff

Lyn and Geoff what can we say about you guys. Always there when we needed a hand with anything. You helped me sell hats and stickers, cooked bacon and egg breakfasts in the freezing cold at the crack of dawn and boiled kettles of water for coffees at almost every social. You provided BCF vouchers and prizes for things. You helped us setup and clean up.

You guys are a huge part of this team. We won't be losing your friendship that is a given. 

2 hours ago, HenryR said:

very sad :( This is great inclusive site - an awesome mix of experience and unformed enthusiasms and everything in between. I'm relatively new here but have already met a few great people and learned tons.

Here and now, gratitude and thanks to everybody who worked, to advertisers who supported it and to all who posted. I am very sorry to hear its going.

You and Krause provided us with excitement and I will not forget you guys at the hairtail social in your kayaks in the freezingggg dead of night arriving at the mothership with hairtail. 

You really deserved that man vs wild badge that is for sure!

thanks for the memes

1 hour ago, Blood Knot said:

Cheers Stewy & Donna, - You guys set a high standard and values for this site from the day you took over, it has eclipsed its competitors and been a fantastic source of knowledge and sociability for its members - Cheers to you guys for a truly great effort keeping the site going in the face of the constant challenges. 

Blood Knot

Thanks John member no. 74 ;)

You have always been a loyal raider, moderator and close friend! 

Genuinely sorry to hear this news guys, such an informative site and a great community that will be sorely missed. A huuuuuuuuge thanks to Stewie, Donna and all the mods/members who've made it all possible over the years: I've learned so much from you guys!

1 hour ago, nbdshroom said:

I am deeply saddened by this news. Even though some of us were aware of this possibility for a long time now, I know at least for myself, this is still a shock to the system.

I know this wasn't an easy decision to make but life goes on. I admire the tenacity of the admin team for hanging in as long as they have in keeping Fishraider going and having the undeniably positive influence within the community through its brand and members. Also, the rest of the mod team whom have worked tirelessly to keep the forum in check and a pleasant experience. I've had the pleasure of having met pretty much everyone and I look forward to more fishing adventures in the future. 

Thanks Pete. You have always been there to help me when I needed something done. You were one of the best tutors at our Soft Plastic socials.

thanks for all your work.

wow what a shock!

thanks to donna & stewy and our mods for running this place so well.

Even though I am not fishing as much anymore, I still check in here for reports and will be sad to see FR go.

thanks for everything guys!

This is very sad news, fishraider has always been my reliable fishing companion whenever I couldn't fish.

Nothing was better than coming home and reading all the new reports and posts. It certainly gave me something to do during lectures and it was the reason for many hours of procrastinating during exam period.

Nothing will ever replace or come close to the community fishraider has.

I want to thank all raiders for any help or input the have giving me. And of course a huge thank you to the moderators and admin who dedicated countless hours to the site.

Maybe some of our members could make a fb group or something similar where we could sort of continue the spirit of fishraider and continue to be able to share our fishing adventures. (just a suggestion, please delete if not allowed)

Cheers

Edited by sam bros

Is there anything we as a community can do to somehow keep this running or pass the administrative baton over to someone else?
I've learnt so much from fishraider, yet have so far still to come. 
Feels like a pet has passed away. 

Sad, wery sad, but i understand, it take lot of time moderating ext.

I maby go out of fishraider (like everybody else), but FISHRAIDER AU never go out of me. I cry, i really cry, cant say nothing, but heve spend great moments with you all on this site, and some of you spend great moments on Australia, and with Stu and Donna in Finland allso.

Still hope, that anyone of you, if you some day come in Finland, let6 me know, and maby we can go fishing together.

My E-mai: korppi79@gmail.com, put on message topic that you are old fishraiders, then i know that message not is spam.

JaniFIN

Edited by JaniFIN

6 hours ago, JaniFIN said:

Fishraider recon.jpg

fishraider iso.jpg

Jani you have given us many many posts about Finland and fishing. Initially we wondered who this funny fellow was that showing us about ice fishing and halibut etc.

I will never forget when you visited Australia with Saija and you walked out of customs at Sydney Airport on your honeymoon. You stayed in our home then and on other occasions. We became great pals and you hosted us in Finland. We watched you guys produce 2 lovely children.

You are the only raider that has a tattoo of our logo! Loyal and we will always remain lifelong mates.  

This is a shock to us all. There's not a single person (member) who hasn't benefited from being a part of this amazing enterprise. We will all mourn its passing but we will all have wonderful memories of what we have shared. Firstly, to Donna and Stewy who have worked tirelessly to provide this facility...I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I never actually got to meet you in person, yet still feel that I know you. You have made huge sacrifices in your lives, struggled through very difficult situations and progressed this site into the most incredible forum imaginable. Why? Because that's who you are. Two wonderful people, who love each other... with a dream. A dream to make a difference. You certainly have made a difference to the lives of the 27000 members, their partners, families and friends, through the enjoyment which you have allowed us all to share. You have made the world a better place and we cannot thank you enough.

To everybody else...administrators, moderators, members, visitors...past and present. Your contributions to the success of this site cannot be overstated. A very special thank you for playing your part in Fishraider...making it work, so that we could all reap the benefits of what it has provided. Friendship, learning, teaching, sharing, giving, taking and belonging. We have all had a huge amount of fun whilst enjoying the one thing which we share...the love of fishing.

So, where to from here? That's a question we'll all have to ask ourselves. How do you fill the void? No doubt we will all manage to do so, but it won't be easy. For me living away from the coastal region, where the majority of the members fish, I'll probably have to spend more time doing the ironing, vacuuming and cleaning up...AS IF! I'll be down the river chasing Australian native species. If anybody wants to join me, send me a PM. It will be great to keep in touch with many of you who I have come to know as Fishraider friends. 

Good luck to each and every one of you and once again the biggest THANKYOU to Donna, Stewy and the team from BN.

8 hours ago, GreasePit said:

Is there anything we as a community can do to somehow keep this running or pass the administrative baton over to someone else?
I've learnt so much from fishraider, yet have so far still to come. 
Feels like a pet has passed away. 

hear hear ! is it worth having a meeting to throw ideas around and see what resources this emergency brings out of the woodwork?

A big thanks to all those involved in running the site and giving so much of your time to do so. 

I wish you all the best for the future and hope to bump into a few of you out chassing fish along the way.

Jon