First Marlin

dogbox

After years of trying yesterday we landed our first marlin. After a 2.5 hour fight on 15kg TLD50 we sided the estimated 200kg Blue Marlin in 450 fathoms east of browns. What an epic fish these are after 2.5 hours this fish just didn't give up, while we had it up against the side of the boat it still had way to much fight left in it and while held the bill it thrash us around like we where riding a bull. It manage to wear though the 250 pound leader and break free slowly swimming away leaving us to contemplate whether we where ever on top of this beast or was it just playing with us. 

While it saddens me that this site will close and my mornings reading posts will never be the same it seem fitting that my last post is about my catch of a life time.

dogbox

Edited by dogbox
add more content

57 minutes ago, dogbox said:

After years of trying yesterday we landed our first marlin. After a 2.5 hour fight on 15kg TLD50 we sided the estimated 200kg Blue Marlin in 450 fathoms east of browns. What an epic fish these are after 2.5 hours this fish just didn't give up, while we had it up against the side of the boat it still had way to much fight left in it and while held the bill it thrash us around like we where riding a bull. It manage to wear though the 250 pound leader and break free slowly swimming away leaving us to contemplate whether we where ever on top of this beast or was it just playing with us. 

While it saddens me that this site will close and my mornings reading posts will never be the same it seem fitting that my last post is about my catch of a life time.

dogbox

Congrats champo did you manage any pics  ?

Guest stephanb79

Well done mate .. can't wait to catch mine lol .. 

dont worry site is not closing down now so it won't be ur last