FISHRAIDER HAS BEEN SAVED :)

Years ago i was told something by someone who is a well known self made Australian billionaire i used to do work for. He said "if something costs nothing then it has no value to the customer." Those that have attacked the scheme to save Fishraider see no value as it has historically cost them nothing. How can someone reject a proposition when they have no idea of the detail? It is a bit like my lovely wife when i say "hey Mimi can  i...." and she immediately says "NO" without hearing what i was going to say (mind you i do have history).

I say to you all, as a mature (read old) guy, collect all the facts as they become available then weigh up the cost versus the value. If the value is higher than the cost then the decision to pay will be easy. If you do not see the value then remain a non paying member. Donna and Stewie are giving us all the option as i understand it and when they say a veryyyyyyy modest charge you just know it is not going to be like registering your boat or buying a new reel.

Looking forward to the next year as part of a thriving community called Fishraider.

5 hours ago, JaniFIN said:

Dont care. Some peoples dont want pay never for anything, its their problems.

I am challengeable, becouse i know you both and we are frends. But i have to still say: Do you anyone, how askin "why we have to pay" have any idea how much Stu and Donna use hours keep this site a clean and clear for reading? I know, becouse i have been visit their home couple of times, and they use several hours EVERY DAY, for us, that we can read and write to this site.

Like JewHunter sayd, i allso suggested few years a go, that sell something fishraider hats ext products for keep running this site, but they did not want money from us.

Think what is this common and site value for you? Is it more or less that couple of beers/coffee cup on year?

For me, this community value can not be measured in monetary terms. I am pretty sure, that my salary is well below half of the average salary of users. And i cant come any social happenings, i cant use this site on full capasity, becouse i dont read english so good, still i am ready pay small, or even bigger fees. Why? Becouse we all together, are this Community!! Stu and Donna is "Child minders", moderators is our "Big brothers/sisters".

But like i sayd: We all, Site owners, moderators and members together to form a FISHRAIDER community, everyone have to think, what is OUR value?

Jani

This has made my day, I for one have no issues paying a fee as the wealth of information on this site has helped me immensely  it has helped me improve my fishing and I have learnt a few DIY tips here and there also!!! Well done to everyone that has been contributing and I hope you continue to contribute and hopefully I will have some value to add in the future too.

I am Looking forward to the future of Fishraider and Future social events.

A very happy Easter to all of you and please be safe over the break and don't eat too many Easter eggs!!!

Regards,

Nathan

I haven't been a member here for too long but enjoy this site and would have no problem paying a modest fee.

Now just to ask a hypothetical question. If funding is an issue, what would be the chances of obtaining some funding from our fishing license kitty next time its offered? Just a thought.

8 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

I haven't been a member here for too long but enjoy this site and would have no problem paying a modest fee.

Now just to ask a hypothetical question. If funding is an issue, what would be the chances of obtaining some funding from our fishing license kitty next time its offered? Just a thought.

Yes an excellent idea Green Hornet and it was on my radar - sadly I missed the cut off for application this year

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:51 PM, swordfisherman said:

Ahhhhhhhhh another fantastic milestone in the FISHRAIDER history books and big thanks to all the members who have shown such faith in what we have tried to achieve.

Onwards fishos

Regards Stewy

What some of you may not realise, is that there are many more people who are not Fishraiders, and who are reading our reports every day, using this information to find OUR fishing spots, and take OUR information for their own use, and DO NOT contribute anything to us.

Dave.

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

What some of you may not realise, is that there are many more people who are not Fishraiders, and who are reading our reports every day, using this information to find OUR fishing spots, and take OUR information for their own use, and DO NOT contribute anything to us.

Dave.

And also taking away all the other information we post. The people that do all the posting are what keep the site going and they will be the main ones to pay a fee I'm thinking. I reckon for a fair system, you need to pay the fee to be able to read ANYTHING on the forum. 

I'm happy myself to pay a fee to keep Fishraider alive as it's my favourite website, but we need a good system.

Maybe there can be a "thankyou" type thing where people can be thanked, and be rewarded after an amount of thanks have be accumulated. 

That would encourage more helping and activity.

Just some thoughts. 

Edited by Roylo

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

Dave.

That happens on every site mate.Some would say they are the smart ones.

Have a look at any given time on this site or most others and you'll see there's usually always more guests than members looking at it.

I have been a member of several sites over the years and you'd get the usual people fretting about someone taking their "Secret" fishing spot which where well known spots.It's like saying Mainbar is my secret yabby pumping spot and getting upset over someone else there knowing full well that the place has been known since god was a boy.

Plenty of spots where fished before we ever knew about them I guess is what I'm saying but I understand your frustration also mate at people leaching information without putting in the hard yards.

Cheers.

Guys don't stress my admin panel is very sophisticated and I can allow people to see and engage (or not) down to the nth degree.

Keep the suggestions covered and we will make sure that they are considered. This will take some time to sort all this out so please be patient.

I bet if I did a poll on how you came to join fr that we would see a good percentage that come in via google.

We can give reputation points and allow members to pick best answer and all sorts of things. There are some great additions that will come to the forum in time. It will remain an informative and fun place to drop anchor :)

10 hours ago, Roylo said:

And also taking away all the other information we post. The people that do all the posting are what keep the site going and they will be the main ones to pay a fee I'm thinking. I reckon for a fair system, you need to pay the fee to be able to read ANYTHING on the forum. ...

I am not sure what Donna wright before, mut my opinion is, that have to give something to peoples hows is vistors but not menbers. Becouse, if you not give anything how they explore this site and Fishraider community if they cant see anything? Give something to them, and Maybe they Upcoming members, and get more "services" when members.

Hi everyone,

I'm not a regular contributor (yes guilty as charged) but am genuinely very happy that the site has the potential to live on ?

When I first joined I couldn't believe it was free in the first place and have to agree with previous comments that not only is it very well run, but it promotes so many things I'm passionate about as a fisherman. Not to mention the vast amount a priceless information and to me  it would be worth every penny. 

Cheers

Cheers

On 13/04/2017 at 5:08 PM, Yowie said:

Dave.

Dave, how much have you learned webpages you have never contributed to ? Seriously, even if you restrict the bounds of that question to only what you've learned about fishing, you'd be one in a gazillion if the answer is nothing .... ever!

if a fee is what it takes then so be it ... I'm here now but, I understand some of the reasons people don't like the suggestion. I really like the fact that Fishraider is free. I'm more than happy to share info, not all of it, but I think sharing is a good thing and even if sharing wasn't a good thing, there's plenty of ways in which we're all better off because other people know things.

If there'd been a fee when I first looked at Fishraider (found it through online search) I doubt I'd have joined. I would have joined a fishing club instead. I think it's really good that this site is open to engagement at any level. For me openness is one of this site's big pluses.

Nope, I ain't very clubby!!! Exactly why I'm here. Free did help though and I'm all for allowing others (if possible - I don't doubt you understand that better than I do) to enter (or not) via the same route.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:51 PM, swordfisherman said:

I did join a fishing Club, St George Anglers or something similar. I won a few competitions as a junior angler, but was never allowed into any licensed clubs to claim any prizes as I was under 18, so just received the prizes out the back door.

The only good thing from that club was that I was able to fish with Gary Chapman a number of times, and learnt a few things from him. (for those that remember, Gary was a great fisho who died many years ago in a boating collision while fishing at The Peak. Appeared that his boat was hit by a large vessel or container ship that did not stop)

56 minutes ago, HenryR said:

Dave, how much have you learned webpages you have never contributed to ? Seriously, even if you restrict the bounds of that question to only what you've learned about fishing, you'd be one in a gazillion if the answer is nothing .... ever!

if a fee is what it takes then so be it ... I'm here now but, I understand some of the reasons people don't like the suggestion. I really like the fact that Fishraider is free. I'm more than happy to share info, not all of it, but I think sharing is a good thing and even if sharing wasn't a good thing, there's plenty of ways in which we're all better off because other people know things.

If there'd been a fee when I first looked at Fishraider (found it through online search) I doubt I'd have joined. I would have joined a fishing club instead. I think it's really good that this site is open to engagement at any level. For me openness is one of this site's big pluses.

Yes I have picked up a few things from webpages, and not contributed, because I was not able to reply. I am on 4WD and caravan websites, and have contributed many helpful comments and information on those sites.

I do share info on this forum, but keep a few 'secret' spots to myself, otherwise other people will fish there and there will be no room for me. General info. can be given on many other forums and websites, but as a fisherman with nearly 60 years of catching fish, some info. remains a guarded secret, and many older fishos like to keep it that way after gaining this info by trial and error.

I have had fisherman follow me to find my spots, especially as a teenager fishing around Windang in Lake Illawarra when they followed me like a plague of flies. :lol:  One of the old fishos I knew in Port Hacking (now gone) had a secret blackfish spot in South West Arm where he pulled out many fish, but others could not catch much at all. Someone blew up his spot with dynamite and this stopped producing fish for many years thereafter.

And I am happy to pay a fee.

Well folks I think this thread has run its course. Suggestions will be considered.

Most members are really happy that we have been thrown a lifeline and decided to keep fishraider community alive for us all to enjoy. We thank you for the support and encouragement. 

Please keep posting and enjoying fishraider forum. Revised rules, terms and conditions will be available soon. 

If anyone has any queries please message me directly.