Hairtail?

harold

Did I read somewhere that there is a Hairtail social on again this year or was it wishful thinking? 

Hope so as I love freezing to death trying to catch the ugliest critters in the ocean.

anyone else interested? I reckon if enough of us say yes we can pressure Donna and Stewie into putting it on. 

I'm keen for sure and will bring along a house boat full of reprobates as well.  I just need to know a date so I can get our head brewer on the case! 

I am pretty sure I saw somewhere in the Fishraider is saved thread that there will be a Hairtail Social - bring it on!

Guest stephanb79

Hell yeah I miss last year due to no boat and now  have my new one can't wait .. 

Edited by stephanb79

18 hours ago, swordfisherman said:

If yakking is the go for the hard ass fishos we may be able to accommodate a few on board late at night up stairs but that would be subject to some rules

Like cooking us breakfast?

I'd be keen to give this a crack,never targeted Hairtail, but happy to learn and win the comp.

maybe some pointers

1. Rod type and weight 

2. Reel size needed 

3. Line type and weight

4. Hook type & size

5. Trace or no trace

6. Bait type

Edited by jeffb5.8

22 hours ago, jeffb5.8 said:

I'd be keen to give this a crack,never targeted Hairtail, but happy to learn and win the comp.

maybe some pointers

1. Rod type and weight 

2. Reel size needed 

3. Line type and weight

4. Hook type & size

5. Trace or no trace

6. Bait type

Hey Jeff,

next you'll be asking to use their gear and bait and where the secret spots are. ?

Dependent on when it is illtry make it this year. 

Ric. 

2 hours ago, Ric001 said:

Hey Jeff,

next you'll be asking to use their gear and bait and where the secret spots are. ?

Dependent on when it is illtry make it this year. 

Ric. 

Whatever

Everyone who comes fishing on my boat borrows all my gear, so I thought that was the done thing.

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, jeffb5.8 said:

maybe some pointers

1. Rod type and weight 

2. Reel size needed 

3. Line type and weight

4. Hook type & size

5. Trace or no trace

6. Bait type

Hi Jeff,

There is an excellent article with all you need to know here on Fishraider.  I read that and did my first hairtail social last year and managed to pick up 4 hairies.  That said I was a good half a meter off winning the comp.  Definitely a great trip out regardless.

Definitely try to make it if you can.

Craig

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:06 AM, swordfisherman said:

Sorry everyone but this event will not be going ahead. Regards Admin

Sad news, but not unexpected. Some friends of mine and I had already decided if this was the case we are still going to pick a weekend, get a houseboat and chase hairtail. I'll advise when we have a date and any Raiders wanting to join would be most welcome. The Antisocial if you will...

1 hour ago, kiwicraig said:

Sad news, but not unexpected. Some friends of mine and I had already decided if this was the case we are still going to pick a weekend, get a houseboat and chase hairtail. I'll advise when we have a date and any Raiders wanting to join would be most welcome. The Antisocial if you will...

That's the spirit Craig...get into 'em mate. BN

Guest Guest123456789
1 hour ago, kiwicraig said:

Sadly I would have to say yes. But on the bright side you have some great trips to look forward to.

Fair enough thanks Craig I thought as much