p-ziller

Hacking.

Recommended Posts

Gday Raiders,

Just got back home from an early session, it lasted a while. 

Woke up later then we planned, left home by around 5. Launched at yowie bay and chased a few squid. A heap of bait around, and a heap of hoodlums. Threw a squid head in and I was on.

Caught a few squid, and headed into a bay for a drift for donuts. Sounder was showing a heap of activity but no good.

Moved onto the second location for Kings and they showed up.

Kat caught what I believe to be an juvenile amberjack. Not long after she was on to a bigger rat. 

We stayed for the tide, fishing slackened off. As we decided to pack up and change location she hooked up again to a big Kingy!!! She fought it hard for around 10-15 minutes before it bricked her on the anchor rope, she was absoloutley gutted!!!

Stayed for longer than we should have, didn't catch anything else. All in all a good day!

Cheers,

Paul.

IMG_4649.PNG

IMG_4650.PNG

IMG_4651.PNG

IMG_4652.PNG

IMG_4653.PNG

IMG_4654.PNG

Edited by p-ziller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Easter Paul!

Great sesh and some nice inkers for a feed. The kings must have been some fun too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome day by the found if it.   Nice squid catch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jenno64 said:

Happy Easter Paul!

Great sesh and some nice inkers for a feed. The kings must have been some fun too!

Happy Easter too mate!

They sure were fun. Glad it's coming into season for the big girls! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Welster said:

Awesome day by the found if it.   Nice squid catch. 

It sure was! Just wish I lived a little closer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice catch. Theres some big hoodlum kings just outside the hacking. Seems like a good day out. Hopefully you hit JB soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JohnDory said:

Those squid look great

YUM!

JD

They put up a great fight! Hopefully I can do them justice! I got the panko ready!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Farvos said:

Nice catch. Theres some big hoodlum kings just outside the hacking. Seems like a good day out. Hopefully you hit JB soon

I wish the boat was a little bigger as the Mrs still isn't sure about my captain skills Haha. Hopefully I can get down there next weekend and put your info to use!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, big Neil said:

Envious Paul! Great result mate. BN

Thanks Neil. I was a little envious too, if Kat had pulled the bigger one up, she may have accidentally fallen in. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, p-ziller said:

Gday Raiders,

Just got back home from an early session, it lasted a while. 

Woke up later then we planned, left home by around 5. Launched at yowie bay and chased a few squid. A heap of bait around, and a heap of hoodlums. Threw a squid head in and I was on.

Caught a few squid, and headed into a bay for a drift for donuts. Sounder was showing a heap of activity but no good.

Moved onto the second location for Kings and they showed up.

Kat caught what I believe to be an juvenile amberjack. Not long after she was on to a bigger rat. 

We stayed for the tide, fishing slackened off. As we decided to pack up and change location she hooked up again to a big Kingy!!! She fought it hard for around 10-15 minutes before it bricked her on the anchor rope, she was absoloutley gutted!!!

Stayed for longer than we should have, didn't catch anything else. All in all a good day!

Cheers,

Paul.

IMG_4649.PNG

IMG_4650.PNG

IMG_4651.PNG

IMG_4652.PNG

IMG_4653.PNG

IMG_4654.PNG

Well done and great report.I fished the rising tide from around 6pm-midnight last night for a couple of bream and a few whiting with the family.We fished up from grays,Lilly Pilly and Yowie bay for the fish with plenty of small reds,bream,tailor thrown in.I got busted of by something with good weight and so did my wife at one point.A few people where out which surprised me but I guess it's the long weekend.

I had pillys,Banana prawns,chicken,and strip baits but all fish caught where on the prawns.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Well done and great report.I fished the rising tide from around 6pm-midnight last night for a couple of bream and a few whiting with the family.We fished up from grays,Lilly Pilly and Yowie bay for the fish with plenty of small reds,bream,tailor thrown in.I got busted of by something with good weight and so did my wife at one point.A few people where out which surprised me but I guess it's the long weekend.

I had pillys,Banana prawns,chicken,and strip baits but all fish caught where on the prawns.

  

We noticed a few people launching as we were packing up. There seemed to be more people in the car park in the arvo.

We couldn't even catch any pinkies. It felt like all the smaller fish had gone, but then again, we were only using squid as bait.

Cheers,

Paul.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff Paul! The kings are great fun, and those squid are monsters!

Cheers,

Wellzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wellzy94 said:

Good stuff Paul! The kings are great fun, and those squid are monsters!

Cheers,

Wellzy

Cheers Wellzy,

You know they must be big if they look that size next to me haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, p-ziller said:

Cheers Wellzy,

You know they must be big if they look that size next to me haha!

Lol, too right! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      66,317
    • Total Posts
      535,621