Another Ebor trip

The opportunity arose to head over to Ebor for another crack at some trout. The creek was looking awesome as ever and the fish didn't disapoint. The action started straight away with a decent rainbow coming from my second cast

P1020864.JPG

Just kept working my way up the creek casting the runs for more rainbows

P1020861.JPG

They were really aggressive coming in thick and fast no real monsters but still good funP1020869.JPG

I came up to one of the best pools on the creek. I was nearly dying from anticipation when my cast hit the water and was shocked when all I produced was a small rainbow.

P1020862.JPG

Knowing there had to be another fish in the pool I kept casting and casting and when I was about to give up the lure was taken the fish spent more time in the air than the water and I soon realised this was a brown 

P1020871.JPG

The property owner only ever did one stocking of browns so they are not a very common catch in the area. Satisfied I moved up to the next run and on again and surprisingly to another brown

P1020867.JPG

Worked my way along most of the creek for plenty more rainbows and anther brown

P1020868.JPG

After running out of daylight called it a day had a quick fish in the morning for another couple of fish before departing. The final tally was 38 trout caught and released.

Heading home decided to pull into the nymboida for a cast coming from the high of the trout fishing the nymboida was very very slow. After an hour of the toughest bush bashing aong the river Ive ever done and seeing loads of footprints suggesting fisherman had been present very recently I was reserved to the fact I was to catch nothing. I spotted a shallow section of rocks with a bit of a pool right against the bank I thought no one would bother putting a cast in there so I lobbed the spinnerbait up into the pool and a cod came flying out of no where and smashed it after a hell of a tussle out came a beautiful 55cm eastern cod 

P1020879.JPG

he made the slogging through the bush worth every minute

That was it for the trip the trout were taken on a Strikepro "baby archback" and the cod on a TT vortex spinnerbait

thanks for reading 

Dave

Great report again Dave. Some interesting colours on those rainbows, particularly the really red one. Good pic of the Eastern Cod too. It shows slight differences to the Murray Cod, in that the white flashes on fins and tail aren't as prominent. BN

• 1 month later...

Well done. Where the trout were taken, is it a public fishing spot or is it private property ? I'm not asking for the location, or interested in going there, just wanting to understand the context?

I'm also curious who stocks it?

cheers

arron

3 hours ago, Volitan said:

Well done. Where the trout were taken, is it a public fishing spot or is it private property ? I'm not asking for the location, or interested in going there, just wanting to understand the context?

I'm also curious who stocks it?

cheers

arron

its private property through a sheer luck encounter on the side of the road and an agreement to catch and release fishing I have been granted continuing access to the property, he has been burned in the past by people taking a heap of trophy sized fish home in an esky.

the owner purchases fingerlings from the local hatchery and stocks it himself, I know as an incentive fisheries were giving landowners fingerlings to stock their waterways if they agreed to grant reasonable access to recreational fishers I'm not sure whether this is still the case

fisheries still stock some of the public access areas (TSR, national parks and reserves) in the area as well