FR Yak Meet Mark III

krause

Hi all,

This time no backsies, lets get some numbers. Saturday May 6th, location to a vote, but to keep the veterans happy lets try and get to a location with some variety/interest, but something sensible for newcomers. If your interested, say so and contribute, dont lurk and wait for others. Suggest a location with your EOI!

Don't leave me and Henry alone again!!!! nothing aginst HenryR, just that a group meet aint a group meet with only 2 attendees.....

Cheers

Guest Guest123456789

Two is a great number to go fishing with!!! :drunk:

Its a winning team, why change anything? I want another 20kg pelagic report on 20lbs!!!!!

C'mon people - nobody out there thinking of going fishing in or around the 6th who could cope with a change of spot and company? nobody ???

krause has a cool offshoreish (not quite offshore, just not inshore) plan for down south, if anyone's game. Or Port Kemba again. Friday's  wind and swell forecast looks very nice...

Or maybe somebody would be kind enough to show us a spot or two in Middle Harbour. Or, Pittwater Friday, when there's no so many motors churning the place up? You heard it already on FR, there still be kings swimming around in there, and there ought to be bream and jewfish this time of year and probably salmon and bonito, etc...

A collective explore of some bit of Sydney Harbour? Dunno about everyone else but I've fished almost none of it from a kayak.

.... ?

I have quite a few work commitments so don't think i can make the dates above but was planning on an outing on the 16th. Odd day off but if anyone else is wanting to go for a fish let me know! I fish anywhere between hawkesbury to windang. Also have a spare hobie outback but cannot fit both kayaks on my set of roof racks. 

Cheers,

Joe

If the 13th is the go, then go for it.  Ill see what magic i can work to make it. Though if you've got numbers you'd be best off hitting unfamiliar water, no? Everyone wants to do longreef, manly, bass point etc, but won't do it on there own. This is the point of these meets, this is your time to explore. 

If me and Michael are fishing alone we'll do it mid week, no boats more fish. The weekend offer is for the greater community

Ok 6th is canned, 13th is all systems go for you lucky people and me and henry are headed south on friday for kings and squid.  Hit me up a pm if you want to join fridays expedition. I expect big reports from the 13th

i can't make the 13th - going houseboat on hawkesbury and don't get to pick the date. A bummer, I would like to do both. Tuesdays are out too jtp, but you are lucky: for sure it is the best day of the week to be on the water !

Edited by HenryR
punctuation

Hi all, goodluck tomorrow.  I still have no idea where this event is being organised on fr so i figured id just post here :D hopefully someone included thaichilli in the plans.  I have managed to secure the morning off, but with the forecast and fishing report of late im headed to long reef for the morning in search of kingfish.  Goodluck, looking forward to the report!!

Don't think anything has been organised. Haven't heard from the organiser since the initial interest.

Weather doesn't look promising, hopefully it holds off as I might just hit Port or Gravel loader if the meet doesn't happen.

Well me and razz hit long reef, with him getting a few nice snapper and smashing his pb. He got a rat as well, where i chose to feed the kings and land sergent bakers ;) good day out and a taste of what long reef can offer. Ill deffinately head back