Quintrex Ski Pole

sydney south

10 minutes ago, jeffb5.8 said:

I also have a stacer pole, I removed it when I installed my bait board which also doubles as a ski pole.

How does the bait board double as a ski pole. I find the switching over annoying when on holidays considering the ski pole has braces that require bolting in.

2 hours ago, Welster said:

How does the bait board double as a ski pole. I find the switching over annoying when on holidays considering the ski pole has braces that require bolting in.

I have seen these before - now where?

I had a $295 custom made bait board made with a longer pole 600mm and a lug welded into the pole just below the bait board to hold the rope above the motor and 3 rod holders, just missing two drink holders for the side.

then I drilled a hole through it and installed a double threaded stud which the factory Ski pole braces bolt to which gives it extra support.

so far I have towed the 3 person Ski tube around for about 5 days continuously with 3 kids weighing 120kg / 3 adults weighing 276kg and there has been no flex of the pole.

as a back up I was going to get a slightly smaller  diameter pole and insert it to give it strength but it hasn't needed it.

If I did it again I should have got the pole 650mm to grive a bit more head clearance when sitting on the rear seat. But then you would need the inner pole for strength.

I put a arrow on the bottom photo to show the lug position and you can see the support bar location and the wash down drain tube as well.

Bait board ski pole.jpg

bait board ski.jpg

Edited by jeffb5.8
Added photo

10 hours ago, jeffb5.8 said:

I had a $295 custom made bait board made with a longer pole 600mm and a lug welded into the pole just below the bait board to hold the rope above the motor and 3 rod holders, just missing two drink holders for the side.

then I drilled a hole through it and installed a double threaded stud which the factory Ski pole braces bolt to which gives it extra support.

so far I have towed the 3 person Ski tube around for about 5 days continuously with 3 kids weighing 120kg / 3 adults weighing 276kg and there has been no flex of the pole.

as a back up I was going to get a slightly smaller  diameter pole and insert it to give it strength but it hasn't needed it.

If I did it again I should have got the pole 650mm to grive a bit more head clearance when sitting on the rear seat. But then you would need the inner pole for strength.

I put a arrow on the bottom photo to show the lug position and you can see the support bar location and the wash down drain tube as well.

Bait board ski pole.jpg

bait board ski.jpg

That's awesome Jeff.  Thanks for taking the time to post it.   If only Stacer were that smart!

If you want to wake board using the Bait board / ski pole design, i would have a smaller diameter pole put inside to strengthen it as the force from a wake boarder maybe to much.

The guy who made mine may also be able to use a thicker wall pole.

I prefer the higher rope for skiing over the ski clips, although ski clips allow a better set up and wider range of movement as the skier / wake boarder.