Bait and a feed

GoingFishing

Gday Raiders

With the forecast for less than a meter swell the conditions looked ideal today, thankfully there was alot more sun than forecast ! 

At the petrol station a bloke came over and we got chatting, he said he had fished North head and scored some bonito yesterday. So we thought wed give it a try and trolled some lures. managed to boat 7 bonnies and dropped 3 boatside. So if anyone is trying to target bonnies theyre still around. We kept all 7 which we filleted for salted flesh bait, and the frames will be used as burley or looking to have my first crack at crab traps. Hoping those fillets will pay off in snapper season.

Drifted the usual spots for some flathead, a mix of blue spots and marbled. The biggest going 55cm. 

Also headed over to long reef and dad boated a rat king, saw a couple of other rat kings boated but didnt encounter or witness any sizable beasties. 

All in all a great day on the water and the surprise sunshine was just an extra.

thanks for reading

Sam

IMG_8195.JPG

Good looking catch. I was around north head on Friday. Also went out to the area you gave me the tip for. Ended up being a bit too rough so headed back inside for the day instead. Always good to be on the water and fishing though.

5 minutes ago, dynabolt said:

Good looking catch. I was around north head on Friday. Also went out to the area you gave me the tip for. Ended up being a bit too rough so headed back inside for the day instead. Always good to be on the water and fishing though.

How did you go, i hope you managed to bag a few?? 

14 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

How did you go, i hope you managed to bag a few?? 

Lots of fish. Mostly undersized though. Ended up taking a haul of leather jackets home though. Pan fried and used as the protein in Vietnamese summer rolls. The jackets were prolific, so figured may as well try and reduce the numbers so that next time around my bait can get down to the more favourable or fish!