Toongabbie creek

Hello. I live in winston hills and toongabbie creek flows through. I went for a walk through the bush and found a narrow shallow flowing creek and at the bottom the water stopped flowing.

Not sure how deep its about 7 metres round. Just looking for some carp to catch for a bit of fun. I took some bread down and chucked it all round the water saw nothing. 

Never fished fresh water can any one help? Thanks.

G'day Chris, I don't know the area so I don't know if there are fish of any species in this water. Best way to find out would be to put some worms on a size 12 hook, under a float. You may have to wait for a while but could be pleasantly surprised. Let us all know if you try it and catch something. Good luck BN

10 hours ago, Chris457 said:

Thanks for the info. Is it worth using any burly?

Not really Chris. Berley isn't very important with freshwater species. Whatever fish MAY be in there will eat worms though, so have a go mate...you never know! BN

I grew up as a kid next to that creek and spent many a day building cubby houses and exploring the area. It was a long time ago though (35years)  In the skinny water between the bridge at Windsor rd and up towards the housing commission area we caught many of carp and eels. As BN said, a worm under a float or same method with some bread would be your best option! It's not a real productive creek though. We spent days trying just to catch a single fish! Good luck!

cheers scratchie!!! 

Gday Chris457,

I would not recommend eating the crabs down there they are a bit cheeeesy.

I have been told that you can catch Jewfish down there as well, there are a few big gold fish, and also some striped Marlin.

On a serious note, I would imagine that their would be carp- I am mates with Aaron Horne from Windsor B&T and he does some pretty amazing fishing for bass in tiny little creeks all over the Hawkesbury catchment (upstream as far as Quakers Hill and Box Hill)and he also sight fishes carp in some amazingly skinny water in the Parra River catchment (and other places). He has a ball doing it so have a look at some of his Youtube vids  or go and visit him- he is always willing to share information

I lived in Toongabbie for 10 years. I left there 5 years ago and live on the central coast now. You wouldn't want to eat anything that came out of there. It used to be very polluted and I doubt it if you would catcth much at all. If you did catch anything it is likely to be a chemical nightmare. I would be interested to see what if any, your catch looks like.

1 hour ago, marks1984 said:

mate chris is my younger brother lol I was just surprised when I read that he was on here lol

Bit of sibling rivalry happening here or what? Now do what any BIG brother should and help him out. JUST KIDDING, BN

Hi Mate,

I used to fish there for carp several years ago.

Then, there was a lot of big carp in the creek, but not been down since then, so maybe not anymore.

I would suggest going on a hot day, so may have to wait till next summer now.

Cheers,

Chris