1770 Lady Musgrave

JonD

Planning a trip for the next school hols (July ). Anyone fished or done the island camping etc up there that time of the year.

I plan on hitting a reef about 50k south of the island so will be quite well loaded with fuel and water (might just let the kids drink sea water!!)

Im guessing the water might be around 22,23'c and will be catch and release apart from a fish meal each day.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Hey Jon, 

Never been there myself but there's a bit of info on this site. Not sure how current that info is. It should be a lot warmer there that time of the year than down this way! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

That's a lot of kms on open water about 45kms out to Lady Musgrave from 1770 and then 50kms south to the shoals Anyway winter has good runs of red emperor red throat and big snapper on the southern reefs along with various other reef fish

• 2 weeks later...

Have been out of 1770 a few times but not that far out.  The bar at the creek is not too bad and the weather outside would be too bad before the bar become a problem.

Suggest you have a look at $&@! which has a lot of information about 1770 etc.  They do a meet & greet there most years.

Good luck and very envious!

Mark

PS can I come?

12 hours ago, Fish_More said:

Have been out of 1770 a few times but not that far out.  The bar at the creek is not too bad and the weather outside would be too bad before the bar become a problem.

Suggest you have a look at $&@" which has a lot of information about 1770 etc.  They do a meet & greet there most years.

Apologies in advance if I'm not supposed to mention a competitor forum and feel free to delete if necessary.

Good luck and very envious!

Mark

PS can I come?

You can certainly come along if you have a boat, checked today and there's plenty of bookings available for camping the island. I fished 1770 a few years ago with my little formula 15, only got 35km offshore 30 km short of the islamd.

That would be an awesome trip JonD.  I have fished out of 1770 a few times too and the reef fishing was excellent every time, I never ventured as far as you're going though.  It'll be a real adventure for sure.