Soft plastics

hey guys

1st go fishing at fishing with soft plastics this weekend and didn't even get a bite! I tried 1st the cooks river where the boats are moored before the river enters Botany Bay. Then tried the breakwater (near the airport). Can anyone point me in the right direction to have a go with soft plastics around this area, I could travel further a field if needed. 

On 5/29/2017 at 8:37 PM, Brynnnooo said:

hey guys

1st go fishing at fishing with soft plastics this weekend and didn't even get a bite! I tried 1st the cooks river where the boats are moored before the river enters Botany Bay. Then tried the breakwater (near the airport). Can anyone point me in the right direction to have a go with soft plastics around this area, I could travel further a field if needed. 

Can't help out in person Bryn as I live 7 hrs from Sydney, but can definitely offer some advice mate. Like many aspects of fishing soft plastics are part of a learning curve. Not only do you need to be in an area where there are fish feeding, but you need to ensure you're doing it right. Use a sp which is as light as possible for the area (tide, current, depth) and put some time in practicing different retrieval methods. Vary the retrieval speed from very slow to quick and also the lifting or flicking up. Try to imagine your sp as a real baitfish fleeing from a predator and how panicked it will be. It really is trial and error mate. Put more time in = better results. Good luck. BN

On 5/31/2017 at 0:14 PM, nutsaboutfishing said:

yeah definitely read stuff around fishraider on it also check out stuff on you tube 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mate here's a top tip= use fleurocarbon, for flathead,bream,salmon,small jew(cooks river holds some),trevally,tailor use 8-10lb fleurocarbon 

For bream your gonna need to stick at 6lb fleurocarbon and i still go down to 4lb. 6lb will still make it for flathead and trevally.

In terms of lure colours, in murky water, and at night when there is no moon, use bright colored lures.

At night and there's a moon or artificial light surrounding your area, use dark lures.

In day time and clear water use natural lures.

Good luck!

Edited by Miketheangler
  • Like 1