FISHLESS

Just back from the creek where I usually manage to nab a few Carp, if nothing else. In the past 4 weeks I've been out land based twice and 5 outings in the boat. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Not even anything showing on the sounder when I've been in the boat. We've started having a few (minor) frosts and the lure / spinner bait fishing is usually good once it starts getting colder, so I can't figure out where the bloody fish are. Obviously they're not hungry! Frustrating stuff, will have to keep trying. Cheers, BN.

I went fishing with my dad 2 weeks ago in the bidgee. We got 2 cod 58cm and 50cm. 3 trout cod all little 20cm ish and a big carp about 60cm all on bait raw chicken or  prawns

never use such "exotic" baits before always used worms, grubs, shrip and yabbies then cheese was the fad and now this fancy stuff

fish get better fed than we do!

the water was 13 C and had been up a bit then down a bit and clean and steady.

since then dad tells me it's dropped right down

1 hour ago, Houdini said:

I went fishing with my dad 2 weeks ago in the bidgee. We got 2 cod 58cm and 50cm. 3 trout cod all little 20cm ish and a big carp about 60cm all on bait raw chicken or  prawns

never use such "exotic" baits before always used worms, grubs, shrip and yabbies then cheese was the fad and now this fancy stuff

fish get better fed than we do!

the water was 13 C and had been up a bit then down a bit and clean and steady.

since then dad tells me it's dropped right down

Thanks for that Houdini. The river where I generally fish is fairly low at present and also about 13c. Real strange that I've not even had any Carp. Can usually tide myself over with them when the Cod aren't active. Just have to keep trying, I guess. Cheers, BN

there is only one plus to this neil...you are out there fishing and im digging holes and putting up fences..i know what I would prefer to be doing...even a bad days fishing is better than working mate..hope you get some some soon..rick

Hi Neil
we didn't do any good when we were there but I'm sure you could see that happening with a camp full of the most relaxed fisho's that didn't really care for fishing. Actually in the short time that you were there you fished more then all of us put together. On the way home I stopped at the Darling river at Wilcannia we didn't bother casting a line but the amount of carp in that river was amazing it was like being at a fish farm. Then we stopped for a break at Nyngan I dropped a line in there for an hour or 2 with no results. Was good to see you again!
Brett

2 hours ago, oz_brett said:

Hi Neil
we didn't do any good when we were there but I'm sure you could see that happening with a camp full of the most relaxed fisho's that didn't really care for fishing. Actually in the short time that you were there you fished more then all of us put together. On the way home I stopped at the Darling river at Wilcannia we didn't bother casting a line but the amount of carp in that river was amazing it was like being at a fish farm. Then we stopped for a break at Nyngan I dropped a line in there for an hour or 2 with no results. Was good to see you again!
Brett

G'day Brett, good to see you too mate. You no doubt had a good holiday, even if the fishing was a bit light on. Keep in touch mate and we'll catch up again...hopefully when they're jumping out of the water. Cheers, Neil. Hi to Christine.

14 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

there is only one plus to this neil...you are out there fishing and im digging holes and putting up fences..i know what I would prefer to be doing...even a bad days fishing is better than working mate..hope you get some some soon..rick

Very true Rick...now concentrate on your work. We don't want crooked fence lines eh? Cheers mate Neil

Keep at it Neil, they have got to show up eventually right? Iv had a few donuts while trying to find some productive water in the illawarra since moving. But have the next week and a half off work so ill hit it hard. :)

Cheers

Tara