FOOTY

ARC H

1 hour ago, Wellzy94 said:

Damn shame that!

Although , the win would be that much sweeter with Thurston in.

State loyalties aside, some of these payers are just poetry in motion and it's just beautiful to watch things like the blind inside pass to a player they just know is going to be there... and it doesn't matter which side it comes from you have to appreciate the connection these payers have.,

Of course, when the Queensland are playing for Australia, I love them all!

C'mon NSW in Origin 3!

Cheers

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 13/07/2017 at 4:37 AM, Scratchie said:

Qld have the best spine in the game EVER!!!!! 

And we have two beanbags in Fifita and Woods. 

There was never going to be a different result! 

I think I have to agree Scratchie...  even when there was plenty of football to play and fatigue was not an issue the Qld defense was up so much more quickly than NSW defense. QLD are much quicker in the play the ball too and they were always committed in attack and defense.

Fifita - Did QLD get his measure in the first game and shut him down in the second?  If that's the case what was he left in the squad for the 3rd game?

I don't think QLD have a better team , I just don't think  NSW  just don't get Origin Football.

23 minutes ago, fragmeister said:

I think I have to agree Scratchie...  even when there was plenty of football to play and fatigue was not an issue the Qld defense was up so much more quickly than NSW defense. QLD are much quicker in the play the ball too and they were always committed in attack and defense.

Fifita - Did QLD get his measure in the first game and shut him down in the second?  If that's the case what was he left in the squad for the 3rd game?

I don't think QLD have a better team , I just don't think  NSW  just don't get Origin Football.

I agree completely. On Paper NSW had a better side, but they didn't bring the required attitude with them onto the field. QLD won because they wanted it so much more.

Unfortunately NSW generally do not bring the required attitude. They did in Game 1, guys like Fifita played smart and tough....but he and others in game 3 resorted to trying niggle and being thugs. Think the biggest problem with a lot of the NSW players selected is that they try to play as individuals and not as a cohesive team. Guys like Hayne, Pearce, Fifita, Woods, Ferguson etc unfortunately just want to grab the ball and show how good they (think) they are. Until the mentality can change and they pick players that want to do it as a team, they are going to keep struggling. Guys like Maloney and Dugan are stars and deserve better support around them!

• 3 weeks later...