The kayak krews hairtail catch-up!

krause

Is anyone bringing walkie talkies? Mobile reception isn't that good in some parts. Provided rain holds off, I will be there +1. Papaya yellow yaks so can't miss us. Oh and we don't have anchors so it should be interesting....

Just finished work. Pretty knackered. Ill probably delay launch till 1pm with everybody else otherwise you'll see me in a camo hobie with a light blue esky.

See everyone out there

Joe

10 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Good luck yak peeps keep us updated

Thanks Donna, so long as someone remembered to pm the hairtails, it's all looking very good at this point !

Dyanbolt, if you have 30m or more of cord (even brickies sting or equivalent would probably do), it might be worth bringing. That and a few bricks or a rock in a bag might well take the edge off trying to holds still for a few hours. Better, I've never tried it but have read of people using flat barbell weights. I believe they make pretty good sand / mud anchors. Very likely mud on the bottom of most of Waratah Bay.

I'll be there 12:30/1ish. Little green - see profile pic - and white yak with a little bluey-green plastic basket strapped to the back.

15 hours ago, dynabolt said:

Is anyone bringing walkie talkies? Mobile reception isn't that good in some parts. Provided rain holds off, I will be there +1. Papaya yellow yaks so can't miss us. Oh and we don't have anchors so it should be interesting....

Cmon Angela I am counting on you mate :) 

You can outfish these men

So how did you guys go after we left? The paddle back to the ramp was fantastic. So calm and only one boat shared the waterway with us on the way back. My tailor measured 52 cm on SP. Stoked as that is my largest fish on a yak. Going to try smoking it today!

Edited by dynabolt
Typo

Awesome fish! Do i be mean and remind you mine was 53 :P no, either way it's awesoe tailor and there are clearly big ones about. Let me now how it goes in the smoker.

We had no further luck at our second spot, so only a single hairtail by henry for the hairtail meet. This simply means there will have to be a second meet! Just maybe in August when the fish return. And i know that Razzel can't wait ;)

yep! pretty sure somewhere in the fine print it said, all who signed up to this one also signed up for Cold Night Out II.

And totally yep! on the paddling back in the still of the night One of the times Kaykas really do come in to their own: slipping along in silence with a luminous green bow wave. Love it :ph34r: !

Great to meet you Dynabolt and friend (forgot her name, soz), and jtp. Very nice to meet people in actual person.

Edited by HenryR
henry is duh !

I did see you lot show up in Waratah Bay. I was too comfy in my warm clothes on the boat though. And you scored more fish than me in the bay too (big fat donut), no hairy bites at all! Also dropped a half-decent tailor on the surface.

Sorry for the delay. Lungfau, no date yet. Probably augustish, pending weather, reports and moon etc. JTP, always people heading out, post if you want company. Next august meet above will be "Cold Night II" haha hairtail for the win. But yer we will do other stuff as well

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there fellow members love to join your next hairtail session in August. I have been long time land base fishing but Not much experience in kayak fishing but kin to learn from experience members from this group. I will keep an eye on your fishing trip.

Cheers.