fake grass

bluefin

Saw a boat with fake grass instead of carpet.  Was told it was hookless and cooler than carpet. Has any one used it? Is it slipery ? thanks Howard

Edited by bluefin

I once built a boat trailer and then i welded schoolfence  mesh on the frame of the trailer then zip tied fake grass over the top.

for when retrieving the boat you could basically walk anywhere on the trailer safely.

when it was wet it was never a worry.

so if recon it would be just as good in the boat.

Though Id say it would get heavy when rained on, And id think water wouldnt drain away very quickly.

Edited by Trailcraft43

I don't have it in my boat but have seen a lot of different types around yards and pools. Some get slippery, some get hot, some will have a rubber type backing and trap moisture underneath. Some will be softer, thicker, thinner, sharper. All thing to think of. And some may give blisters/cuts standing on them in wet feet all day. I have removable heavy duty marine carpet cut to the template of the floor with enough upturn on the sides and holes cut for the seat pedestals. I now have a layer of foam tiles underneath the carpet and a double layer of the foam under the driver and passengers feet. It makes it all much more comfy for driving and all day. And also a lot quieter when people drop things like sinkers on the floor, or a recently caught Jewie tries to morse code his friends while you are taking the hook out on a quiet night. 

To clean it I can lift the seats off, pull it out and hose, gerni, scrub, soak, whatever. Then hang to dry. It normally only needs a hose, drag across the wet lawn, hose and pour the leftover suds from washing the boat and hang to dry. And that is with pilchards stepped into it. 

Ended up getting some  marine carpet from Clarke Rubber. Not Ribed But has very small loupes, Havent used it yet, if no good I will put on in the Garage Floor!   Will let you know how it goes. Howard.

I know its way off topic but do you mean this car !!!.... I spotted it just to the left of the offramp from James Ruse Dr to Windsor Rd (north)...

IMG_5175_1.JPG

Apologies - dont know how to get correct rotation when posting...

7 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

I know its way off topic but do you mean this car !!!.... I spotted it just to the left of the offramp from James Ruse Dr to Windsor Rd (north)...

IMG_5175_1.JPG

Apologies - dont know how to get correct rotation when posting...

Haha, yep thats it Zoran. :)

P.s. Was nice meeting you the other day, 

you should be an engineer with that trailer i recon, :)

cheers marty

Edited by Trailcraft43

5 hours ago, JohnDory said:

No one is going to pinch it!

??

I wounder if he did it so he could mow someone down!

If you didn't get out of his car You'd get TURFED OUT! 

that is bad!

Hahaha

sorry i put this thread right off topic. 

Cheers marty

Cheers Marty - it sort of linked to other uses of fake grass and humour is always welcome... also great to catch up...hope to see you on the water. 

BTW the car looks like a 2004 Nissan Pulsar Q - it was the same shape as my daughters old car - and I used to tell her if she doesn't wash it for another week I'm sure it will start to sprout and end up just like this car.

Cheers Zoran