Clovelly Fishing

Panitz

hey,

I recently started fishing and I am located near clovelly. I've started going at the point between clovelly and gordon's bay in front of the parking lot. Just wondering if anyone got any tips for fishing there.

Cheers.

Not a bad spot but when southerly up it can be a bit hard flicking out lures.... Flicking Squid jigs close to the rocks should land u calamari and any metals or vibes say 40g flicked out and retrieved slow or fast can get Ya tailor, salmon or if ur lucky a kingie, they are still around. Let me know how u go.

also this time year the seals usually sunbake on the rocks facing the sea, don't upset them they will have a go! 

Big Southerly swell today Sunday 2/June/2017 - 2m - 3m , probably a bad day to go there due to the 2 - 3 metre Southerly swell but on a flat day as good as the rest.

Edited by DMG

• 1 year later...

This weekend I want to fly some lures at Shark Point, however, the wind will turn to SS, SSE, the window is very small. Not sure how dangerous it is to fish in the morning, the swell will be around 1.1m, rising tides