Power Pro Depth Hunter heavy discoloration?

mtlg

Hi lads,

I would like to know if anyone has experienced heavy discoloration with the Power Pro Depth Hunter braid on the first few uses, all feedback is welcome. The reason follows below...

I recently purchased a new reel and had the shop to spool some power pro depth hunter braid to go with it.

In my last fishing journey (second time using the line) I noticed heavy discoloration of the line: the fresh part of the line would deposit lots of color in my hands just by running the line through my hands smoothly, and any line that went into the water was very faded.

I haven't used the depth hunter before, only the standard yellow power pro, which has hardly had any discoloration. On the other hand, I have also tried other cheap braid which discolored in a similar fashion to above... which got me thinking... have I just been scammed or does the depth hunter suffer from heavy initial discoloration?

Unfortunately I dont have any pictures of the line as I left the reel down the coast... but any feedback you guys have on the power pro depth hunter would be great as I would be keen on going back to the shop and getting what I paid for in the first place (if they did me wrong of course).

Cheers

Thank you for the replies.

Yes JonD, I also have the yellow and noticed no discoloration, that's what got me thinking...

Thanks for the info PST, I know what I have to do now. 

Cheers