Aborted mission.

big Neil

Got organised and set off for Tuross Heads this morning. Frost everywhere as I meandered towards the Newell Hwy. I pulled up to check everything was ok with the boat /trailer combo before getting onto the high speed Newell Hwy. One of the trailer wheel bearings was quite hot, considering the freezing cold conditions, and I'd only been driving for under an hour. Decided to pull the pin and headed back home rather than continue the remaining 6 hrs drive to the coast. Just as well nobody took up my offer to join me, I would have let them down. Have no plan B to go fishing now, so will have to bide my time until I can replace the bearings and seals. Ggggrrr! BN

9 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll cancel my flights! :) 

bugger mate, BOAT=bring out another thousand!

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Hi Scratchie, always wondered how they decided to name it a BOAT. Hopefully won't cost me that much. 2 sets of bearings, I might get some change out of $60. At least I'll know they are ok to travel once it's done. Still dying to catch something and no sign of any water being added here in the short term. Such is life, BN

Probably a good thing you check the bearings, further along the road it may have been too late and could have caused plenty of problems. Better luck next time and bearings are an easy job as long as they don't weld themselves to the axle. It happens.

Frank

10 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

BUGGER..your not havin much luck mate..its gotta turn round soon and come good..hope you get some fish soon neil...we did 800 kms on wed to get a cod fix..but it was worth it..rick

Thanks Rick, all I gotta do is catch something and I'll be happy for a while. In the meantime I'll fix the trailer for when the water does come back. BN

25 minutes ago, frankS said:

Probably a good thing you check the bearings, further along the road it may have been too late and could have caused plenty of problems. Better luck next time and bearings are an easy job as long as they don't weld themselves to the axle. It happens.

Frank

Yep Frank. My normal usage is a 15 min trip to the river and the same after fishing, so not much chance of anything major happening there. I just assumed that the trailer was ok and set off. I always stop and check everything along the route though, after I was following a boat on a trailer and the wheel came off it. Could have caused a nasty accident for somebody. I don't think there will be any major problem as the bearings weren't any warmer when I got home. Cheers, Neil

Unfortunate you didn't make the water, but it was probably in your best interests to turn back. 

Hopefully the water levels get back up soon! I'm planning a trip to Wagga when the weather warms up, I can make a trip out your way and we can meet up for a fish :)
Cheers,

Wellzy

4 hours ago, Wellzy94 said:

Unfortunate you didn't make the water, but it was probably in your best interests to turn back. 

Hopefully the water levels get back up soon! I'm planning a trip to Wagga when the weather warms up, I can make a trip out your way and we can meet up for a fish :)
Cheers,

Wellzy

That'll be good Luke, just give me a bit of notice. Closed season for Cod Aug 31st to Nov  30 th.

On 6/30/2017 at 6:35 PM, big Neil said:

Got organised and set off for Tuross Heads this morning. Frost everywhere as I meandered towards the Newell Hwy. I pulled up to check everything was ok with the boat /trailer combo before getting onto the high speed Newell Hwy. One of the trailer wheel bearings was quite hot, considering the freezing cold conditions, and I'd only been driving for under an hour. Decided to pull the pin and headed back home rather than continue the remaining 6 hrs drive to the coast. Just as well nobody took up my offer to join me, I would have let them down. Have no plan B to go fishing now, so will have to bide my time until I can replace the bearings and seals. Ggggrrr! BN

Freezing cold and raining today so I replaced both sets of wheel bearings on the boat trailer. BN

6 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Freezing cold and raining today so I replaced both sets of wheel bearings on the boat trailer. BN

Sure you don't live in another country???? 

Beautiful weather up here so I took the kids for a walk on the beach! 

9 hours ago, big Neil said:

Might have to have you Central Coast guys show me what I'm missing out on sometime...when it's a bit warmer, eh? BN

your on :D

Edited by Regan

7 hours ago, Trailcraft43 said:

Sorry to hear your trip was canseled 

better to be safe than sorry though.

Where,s MIA Neil?

is it out west somewhere?

like Bathurst 

Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area (MIA) is in the Central South of NSW. Has 2 main rivers (Murray and Murrumbidgee) and lots of smaller tributaries. Wagga Wagga, Griffith, Albury, etc. are some of the cities in the area. Cheers,Neil