Fly Swap

nick_s

sorry guys Im dragging the chain

Been out fishing a lot over the last week, that and the chores at home

I regret to advise that I havent finished mine

Just three to go I should get them finished tomorrow or the next day

Edited by pogo

Hi Guys,

Sorry i am dragging the chain a bit too. I have been flat out with Christmas chores and work not fishing/tying!! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Also i have abandoned the shrimp pattern i was tying up cause they don't look anywhere near as good as those tied by yellow submarine!! I will howver have some small baitfish immitations tied soon and will post them ASAP.

Sorry again but it will be done soon. Otherwise i can post them to individual addresses if need be...

AAAAHHHH

Finished mine and sitting back with a Rum and Coke

Nine little SQUIDLETS will be on their way to the Swap Meister tomorrow

Even managed to spin up a couple extra for me.

How do we go about sharing tying instructions and best fishing methods

Guest bluecod

Sorry Guys,

Mine are now all finished and will be posted first thing Monday morning. Sorry they are late. I will chuck in some extras I have lying arround as sweetener.

Cheers

Trev

Trev - no apologies needed mate they are now finished and will be on their way soon - as far as I'm concerned there's absolutely no need for any extras.

If it wasn't for bad weather last weekend on a day planned for yard work, my efforts would probably still be in the tying :074::074::074:

"Becareful Mrs Swordfisherman you have no idea what youre messing with this stuff can be extremely addictive..... plus you will need some 'fuzzle'."

Weiry,

She would also need some dubbing, a picker, bobbins, thread, hackle, capes, pliers, wing burners, spinner, bodkin, some exotic furs, e.g. fox, mink, rabbit, kangaroo, dear, arctic fox, polar bear, plus some fish hair polafibre, marabou and flashabou and zanadoooo???.........

My garage is full of stuff that I might one day use......

Cheers

Trev

Edited by trev

Hmmmmmm ok a huge magnifying glass, peacock feathers, a vice, eyes and adhesive.........This is starting to look like my mum's needlework group!! Actually I can go rifle through all their stuff, can I use the silver lame perhaps and make some really trendy retro flies??? All jokes aside guys it looks absolutely fascinating and very skilled. Can you post some more pics so I can get a real handle on this please

Cheers Donna

Piping hot fellas. Trev and Weiry nice work! :1prop:

What is the best type of container to keep flies in. I am currently using a PLano box but find that some of my flies get damged.

What do you guys use?

Yella Sub,

Different containers for diferent flies.

I have a little metal container I use when bass fishing as it holds a variety of styles and sizes without crushing thempost-688-1133768154_thumb.jpg

To store at home I use old video containers with foam glued in or small compartment containers from the $2.00 shops e.g. Go-Lo, reject shop etc

Below are some other flies I have tied.

post-688-1133768915_thumb.jpgpost-688-1133768947_thumb.jpgpost-688-1133769203_thumb.jpg

Guest bluecod

. ........ some exotic furs, e.g. fox, mink, rabbit, kangaroo, dear, arctic fox, polar bear, ... and zanadoooo???.........

My garage is full of stuff that I might one day use......

Cheers

Trev

Trev,

You're not the bloke around Blacktown that is often seen trimming bits off road kill are you ??? :074::074:

Trev,

You're not the bloke around Blacktown that is often seen trimming bits off road kill are you ??? :074::074:

Ive been found out!!!

The road kill bandit...If it can be skinned I want it's fur if it can be plucked I want it's feathers.

It just becomes an obsession and I really don't fly fish that much at all any more. I am sure my poor wife cringes when ever we drive past a dead animal...

I was nearly banned from Toronga Zoo and featherdale wildlife park Everyone else looks at the animals I go straight to the aviery and look on the ground for rare feathers...

I need help I need help

help

help

h e l

p

• Like 1

i have recieved all but persons flys so depending on when i get the last package i should have the done by friday.. going away down the south coast on saterday for 4 days so there might be a bt of delay in sending them ...

Nick,

They would be mine. They were posted at work on Monday so should get there today or tomorrow.

Cheers

Trev