Rod storage

rickmarlin62

Went away fro the normal with new rocket launcher  we fish mostly with canopy down on windscreen out of the way so i put launcher on bow so extra rods are out of the way leaving cockpit free to fish uncluttered...very happy with it..rick

20170707_080739.jpg

its a 1980 model vsea so its not too bad  ..I hadn't noticed that but will do some cleaning up on them now mate..cheers...the rack works great it gets all the extra rods out from underfoot and makes fishin serious easier...rick

• 2 months later...
On 7/7/2017 at 8:07 PM, Fab1 said:

Good thinking 99,love your work.On a side note it's funny how  only a couple of screws on your windscreen are rusted and not the others.

Rick. Practical and creative rod storage solution - good stuff. Just out of curiosity. Do you often place your hand on the windscreen where the rusted screws are?  Do you hold there with your right as you steer with your left?

cheers Zoran

Edited by zmk1962
added content

... yep then as Marty says... probably the fitting used to hold the clips.  I was asking as I noticed slight surface rust stains would form on my ss grab rails where folks held onto them... especially if they had greasy hands (suntan lotion, fish oils from bait etc). I made a note to occasionally wash those areas with soapy water to remove the grease and now no more rust.  Its just the way stainless steel works - the shiny protective layer (chromium tri-oxide) needs to be clean and exposed to air for it to resist rust.

Cheers

Zoran