Keepit dam and Splitrock dam

ive fished splitrock quite a few times..plenty of goldens..there are good numbers of cod..you are probably better off fishin now than when its warmer..because there are less skiers stirrin up the joint...fish into the dark with big surface lures and your in with a chance of big cod...rick

12 hours ago, Rainstick said:

Has any fished either dam lately for cod, was planning to go there for a few days next week in the kayak chucking swimbaits and surface lures

Haven't fished either recently but when I have there's always good numbers of fish in both dams. Rick's suggestion sounds pretty good, not that you need any advice on how to catch them. Good luck, will look forward to the report. BN

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply,

we camped at split rock dam on Monday till Wednesday, we fished each morning and late  afternoon casting and trolling jackall gantrels, 7.6 metre diving oargee plows,chatterbaits and 240mm surface lures for a big fat zero. Seen one cod on the sounder and some yellas I think and heaps of schools of bony bream, most bony bream were in the 6-14 foot depth close to shore or at about 40 foot in 65 foot of water in the middle. I didn't hear one boof at all through the night, just carp swimming around.

Fish wise was very disappointing but still a good couple of days, beats being at work anyday

14 hours ago, Rainstick said:

Sorry for late reply,

we camped at split rock dam on Monday till Wednesday, we fished each morning and late  afternoon casting and trolling jackall gantrels, 7.6 metre diving oargee plows,chatterbaits and 240mm surface lures for a big fat zero. Seen one cod on the sounder and some yellas I think and heaps of schools of bony bream, most bony bream were in the 6-14 foot depth close to shore or at about 40 foot in 65 foot of water in the middle. I didn't hear one boof at all through the night, just carp swimming around.

Fish wise was very disappointing but still a good couple of days, beats being at work anyday

Thanks for the report mate. Hard going at the moment, that's for sure. BN