Wentworth Falls Lake

Ivo

Hi guys, 

while looking around for spots to fish I was pleasantly suprised to find that Wentworth Falls Lake in the blue mountains is stocked with trout. Does anyone have any experience with fishing these waters or know anything I should know before heading out. Will probably be looking to fish bait and maybe a throw a few soft plastics around here and there. Have looked back through the site but haven't found too much info, although I know that most of us are saltwater fishos mainly.

17 minutes ago, ARC H said:

mate i dont know much about trout fishing tho it is closed season at the moment dont if it effects lakes and damns but

Yeah, the closure doesn't include stocked waterways, only rivers and streams to allow the wild trout to spawn

hey Ivo, i've never fished it but have a friend who lives just up the road and he tells me it does get fished,. Regularly, by people with gear, not just everyday punters. Can't tell you whether that's because it's worth repeat visits or just because it's so convenient that lots of people try it in passing but ..... it's a sign of something .....

Edited by HenryR
splleing

6 hours ago, HenryR said:

hey Ivo, i've never fished it but have a friend who lives just up the road and he tells me it does get fished,. Regularly, by people with gear, not just everyday punters. Can't tell you whether that's because it's worth repeat visits or just because it's so convenient that lots of people try it in passing but ..... it's a sign of something .....

Cheers Henry, looks like i'll have to go and give it a crack! Will aim to get a detailed report on the place up in the next few weeks.