Coffs Harbour advice

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Im heading up to Coffs next week with the family for a few days. Normally I tow the boat up and have enough marks to score a few but this time I will be landbased. 

So im just asking any fellow raiders on some landbased spots, beach or stones to target snapper or Jew or anything else worth targeting! 

Thanks in advance,

cheers scratchie!!! 

31 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Whodathoughtit headland nth of coffs  caught dome big kings off there and the waters still warm enough to spin for longtails scratchie...im prayin i can hit broughton sat..rick

Don't bother mate! Swell will be enough to make a pirate sick! :( 

It drops off dramatically on Monday, so my guess is they'll be on then! A mate was out last night and smashed em! He had a few he couldn't stop and dropped an 80 plus model boat side! Ouch! 

Thanks for the info! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

muttonbird island and the south breakwall if the stones are your thing personally don't fish there but have seen some kingies come from there recently

The marina is worth a crack with soft plastics you can fish around the fihermans coop and on the opposite side inside the marina (walk towards muttonbird and come back along the service way). Its a lucky dip with multiple species of trevally, I've caught grassy emperor and maori cod in there and I saw a decent sized painted sweetlip come out of there last week. 

good luck

Dave

10 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

muttonbird island and the south breakwall if the stones are your thing personally don't fish there but have seen some kingies come from there recently

The marina is worth a crack with soft plastics you can fish around the fihermans coop and on the opposite side inside the marina (walk towards muttonbird and come back along the service way). Its a lucky dip with multiple species of trevally, I've caught grassy emperor and maori cod in there and I saw a decent sized painted sweetlip come out of there last week. 

good luck

Dave

Thanks Dave. I'm might give few of them a go! 

cheers scratchie!!!